PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
The October 2013 Newsletter and new items are now up.
http://www.tedgreene.com/news

Be sure to check out the "From Students" section.
And go read the new article about Ted in the PremierGuitar magazine by Corbin Reiff:
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19687 Forgotten Heroes: Ted Greene

We have lots of good stuff for you this month, and our team worked pretty darn hard to make it all available to you for free.  
Please log in and post a "thanks."  It means a lot to us hiding behind the computer curtain.  [comp]

Reply with quote  #2 
THANKS !!

so very much !
TedGreeneFan

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey, thanks to everyone for all the great new lesson sheets.
I especially like Anders' transcription with chord boxes of Just A Little Lovin'
And the How High the Moon chord moves are very cool.

Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you sir! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the transcription.

Yes, the "How High The Moon" harmonization series is very cool. So many great ideas to work on. I never end up in trouble nowadays[smile].

Also a big thanks to Kevin, Mark and all others who have shared their private audio lessons with Ted. Very generous of you.

-Anders

goldglob

Reply with quote  #5 
Just noticed that when I click on the Camptown Races link in the From Students/ Leon White section, I am taken straight to the pdf of Ted's diagrams from the arrangements section (and the address bar confirms this) with no reference to Leon's contribution. I guess something went wrong during the reorganizing of pages relating to this tune (arrangements/ Leon's/ Paul's).
PaulV

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks goldglob,
I sent our webmaster your message.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon.  I'll post a notification when it is corrected.
Thanks for catching this.

Reply with quote  #7 
Leon White's "Camptown Races" page has been restored to its original state.

Thanks, Dan for doing this repair. [thumb]

Reply with quote  #8 
All good. Something else though. In the last two emails from the site letting me know that there has been a reply to the topic, when I click on the link to go to the topic I am taken to a page which reads:
"This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to forums.tedgreene.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

forums.tedgreene.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.websitetoolbox.com , websitetoolbox.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

I understand the risks

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification."

Anyway, I got here now by the usual google. I haven't had this problem with previous notifications.
Any ideas?
PaulV

Reply with quote  #9 
Goldglob.
Just remove the "s" in the https: address.
You don't need to use Firefox or Chrome, or whatever....just use the regular "non-secure" address.
I use the https because I have to.  There is a warning, but it's all okay.  No threats here.  I just click "proceed anyway" and everything is fine.
Sorry if that has caused you confusion.

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for your reply Paul. But wondering why in the past, the clickable links in the new post notification emails did not have the added s, but the last couple have. You said 'I use the https because I have to' so perhaps this is none of my business, but it seems weird that I can't just click links straight to the site as I have always done in the past? Sorry to be tedious.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #11 
Glodglob,
The tedgreene.com is actually a different site than the Forums.  They are linked, but different.
You might have found the https for the Forums, but not the .com.  That might be the reason.
Other than that, I don't know.  I'm not a computer geek, so I get confused easily.

Reply with quote  #12 
By 'the site' I did mean the forum. So I'm still confused too...why the added 's' now after years without it?..anyway, I'll let it go, and let you get back to your superb and much appreciated compilations.
bmreeds

Reply with quote  #13 
Thankyou Ric, for the transcripion of "just a little loving"....I"ll keep working on it, even if it kills me....I may not remember the first 16 bars by the time I get to the 77th!.....but such a great tune..Ted made it look easy......Haven't checked out Anders transcripion yet, but looks good...thanks Anders also....
LeonBlackwater

Reply with quote  #14 
It's my pleasure bmreeds, thanks to Anders as well for doing the transcription in the grid form.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE