PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #1 
The newsletter and new materials are posted on site. Enjoy!
Leon
kontiki

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow, there's a lot of stuff there! Thanks!

Reply with quote  #3 
Make sure to watch the New Video Footage:

Ted Greene Blvd Music Seminar 8-22-04

Part 5 | Part 6

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
PaulV

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks to Dan for straightening out the mislabeling of the Pentatonic pages.
If you had downloaded them previously the files are the same, but the links in the Blues/Jazz section have just been tagged differently (the way they're supposed to be).

Be sure to see that the "Musical Priorities" and the "Counterpoint Exercises" sheets have attached type-written pages for clarity.  I hope this helps in reading through the originals.  This is something that I had discussed with Barbara months ago, and she very much liked the idea of including a "translation" page whenever any of Ted's original pages needed it.  If anyone is interested in helping out with some of this work, you can PM me.

I really like Ted's "Musical Priorities" page, and he gave me permission to give to my students when I was teaching privately.  I believe it was a standard thing he gave to all first-time lesson students.  It helps a player to define his goals, thus helping the teacher to guide him accordingly.  You might find it similarly useful if you teach.

If you're somewhat new to chord-melody, you might try Ted's What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life arrangement.  It's "not too difficult" and is a beautiful melody.  I fell in love with it after first hearing Pat Martino's version on his "Footprints" album.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #5 
Loving, the new video, tunes and lesson stuff.
And Paul I'm with you on the Pat Martino version of "what are you doing..." Footprints was one of the first jazz gtr albums I heard, still one of my favourites. mmm might have to stick it on. Defo gonna have to learn Ted's arr it's a great tune.
Cheers, Steve.
jseaberry

Reply with quote  #6 
I think both Ted and Barbara are thrilled with the fine quality and quantity of the work you have kept going!!
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #7 

Is it just me or is the audio not quite in sync in the new videos?

Reply with quote  #8 
The Forums have been pretty quiet lately.
Anyone working on Ted's "Counterpoint Exercises" that we just posted in the Baroque section? 
Seems like a lifetime of work to do all that Ted is asking in those pages - all positions, all keys, and all those variations!  But it does seem to open some doors about getting started for doing baroque improvisation.
Interesting, Barbara had it on her to-do list to write a book about baroque improvisation....I guess there's not much (or any) instruction out there.  Ted certainly was unique in his ability to do this (even while involved in a conversation or telling a story!)
--Paul

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE