PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
The November 2011 Newsletter is now up.
Enjoy the new offerings from Ted.

I think you'll especially like the Chord Streams ala George Van Eps and the Reharmonization and Back-cycling for Chord Melody Playing pages.

Feedback is always welcome, as well as general requests.  Do you want more Blues, Baroque, Chord-Melody, Theory, Comping, Single-Note Soloing?  What is your specific interest? 
We aim to please.
--The Ted Greene.com Team

Reply with quote  #2 
Paul, first I want to applaud your work once again. The amount of transcribing you manage to pump out is impressive.  I just wanted to point out a few oversights that I noticed.

in MelodizingChordProgressions

Measure 51 and 52 should be in F# (6 sharps) and not C# (7 sharps)

and I think you forgot to write in "Modern 4th chord types" over measure 55

Measure 33 should have 1 # (g major)

anyway just nitpicking. 

Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Paul! One of the things I would like are some of the Blues progressions Ted uses in various seminars other than those in the the Blues section-is this at all possible?

jseaberry

Reply with quote  #4 
Amazing stuff! Thank you all very much.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Peter,
I'm not exactly sure what progressions Ted is using in his seminars, or if he's working directly from one of his lesson pages.  I do have some blues progressions things prepared that I'll ask Leon if we can post next month.
Seems like blues is a pretty popular item for Ted's lessons.

Mike,
Thanks for pointing out the typos in the "Melodizing Chord Progression" pages.  I welcome these kinds of corrections...it's all too easy to make notation mistakes!
I've made the corrections and am awaiting Dan to replace the old file with the newly corrected one.  I'll let you know when it is accomplished.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #6 

Paul.Absolutly great if this could be done-I've tried but failed miserably...

PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Peter, failed at what?
--Paul

Reply with quote  #8 

At trying to see what Ted is playing and duplicating it like I used to do when I was young and only had vinyl records-we use to call it "drop the needle". I used to wear out records to get a run or a lick- the bane of my mothers life! Happy days.

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #9 
Jazzuki,
this brings up something that's been on my mind for some time.  Like you, I really like those tidbits and the longer examples in the videos.  I'd like to get an effort going to transcribe those.  Someone might start with snippits, perhaps using a video slowdown tool like videosurgeon.  Thoughts? anyone willing to give it a shot? Any recommended tools?

Leon
kontiki

Reply with quote  #10 
what tidbit would be on top of  the request list? jazzuki?

Reply with quote  #11 
Kontiki,
Unless the transcriber is experienced, I was thinking short bits might be an easier place to start. Ted's Blues discussion and some of the noodling in lesson tapes might be reasonable.  BUT I hope we get some requests and/or volunteers - and they should certainly transcribe what they want to. 
I'd have to run through the vids again to get some specific things I'd like to see transcribed.  I also think we might set some ground rules as far as how it should be done (i.e on guitars in lowered tuning do you notate actual pitch or just the pitch is would be in standard tuning . .  things like that. - But I think that might be getting ahead of ourselves right now.) 
I'd like to get some additional thoughts from forum members - this is a sharp and caring group.

Leon
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #12 

Regarding Ted’s “Girl Talk”, you might want to check out Fatt’s website for the song.  I sent this to him a while back (2007) and he automated it in is Lickbyneck software.  His link is http://www.lickbyneck.com . 

Here's the past thread topic for "Girl Talk" under "Chord Melody":

http://forums.tedgreene.com/post/Ted-SOLO-GUITAR-Software-1235336?trail=45&highlight=girl+talk

Enjoy!

Nick

Reply with quote  #13 

Leon-Nick-Paul et al..The progression I've been trying to work out is Ted's backing to "Kansas City" that he does with Cathy Garcia,especially his solo break.He really grooves on this and there is a good view of the fretboard whilst playing.Ref all the" techno babble"I agree with all that has been said but am computor illeterate! I've had Song Surgeon for about 9 months and still havent used it!

jazzuki

Reply with quote  #14 

Re above should be Cathy Segal-Garcia.

kontiki

Reply with quote  #15 
Jazzuki, I never tried to figure out the solo. I remember loving and figuring out the ending. I'll give the solo a try when I get a moment.

As for notating actual pitch as opposed to tuned down positions. I think the positions are more important, since Ted was always stressing "seeing" the chord form before one learned to hear it. and these things usually work in many pitches. It just need to be indicated that the original is played in a different tuning. just my 2 cents

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE