PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
jgs61

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey everyone... I'm new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. Last summer I was fortunate enough to buy one of Ted's Jazzmasters from Schoenberg. I bought his '59, which I now know he called "Woodrow," thanks to some of Barbara's pics.

I'm really excited that I found this forum. I've been looking through it for a few hours today and have discovered some great info on Ted, and music, in general. When I bought the Jazzmaster, I have to admit that I knew next to nothing about Ted. I was simply looking for a good Jazzmaster. After I got the guitar, I was interested to find out more about Ted, so I made an effort to seek out more info on him. I found some of his music and was completely mesmorized by his playing and sound. His old Jazzmaster has really been a pleasure too. It responds well and has a nice warm tone for jazz.

Since I've bought that guitar, it's been kind of an interesting experience. I've been inspired to learn more about him and his music. He obviously was a very intelligent musician, as well as a loved and respected person. I wish I could have gotten the chance to study with him.

However, thanks to this forum, I sort of will be able to study with him! Clearly, many of his old students are here. I'm still pretty raw when it comes to jazz. Right now, I'm in the middle of studying a lot of Johnny Smith method. Although I've already bought one of Ted's books and plan on starting it next. So when I do, I'm sure to be using this forum on a very regular basis!

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum. It seems to really have wonderful people, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute some as well.

Cheers!

John

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi John,
Welcome to the forums!  Thank you so much for taking Woodrow into your care.  I sense you will provide a loving home and he will be played a lot which I know would please Ted very much. I am grateful that you found the forums and eased my mind about one more of our wayward "children".   Barbara

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE