PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
jdykerman

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello Again

I have uploaded another Ted Greene DVD. This time it is the 1993 Musician's Institute Seminar and the 1980 Session With The Stars videos.

To download, go to http://www.jonathandykerman.com/tedgreene

If you need instructions on how to download or burn this file, please see the thread offering the Seashell download. I posted a link that gives instructions on how to use the file and many people have also given great help in that thread.

Another warning, the file is large and may take several hours to download even on high speed connections.

If anybody gets around to making an index on what Ted talks about on this DVD, please post it here and I will also post is as a text file with the DVD.

Enjoy.

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Jonathan,  I have no idea how complicated it is to make these DVDs of Ted available, but I'm sure it's no cakewalk.  Thank you so very much for your time and effort on Ted's behalf.   Barbara

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, Jonathan, for making this available in cyberspace!
Great that Ted's music and teachings are reaching more and more people.

Reply with quote  #4 
Well thank you Jonathan for taking the time and effort to share these dvds
Fabius

Reply with quote  #5 
Got it! Thanks Jonathan.
ClaytonL

Reply with quote  #6 
Awesome! Thanks a ton! I've been waiting forever to see this!
guygee

Reply with quote  #7 
I was watching Ted at the Musicians Institude Seminar 1993 on youtube and his take on keys and his approach to composition blew my mind. Yet it seems only the first 50 minutes of the seminar are available. Is there more recorded, on sale or otherwise?

I see this thread is super-old but I would just love to see the entire seminar, the first part was so amazing.
Michel

Reply with quote  #8 
Welcome on this site Guy 😉
You have also on  you tube " Ted Greene archives ".
By exemple: https://www.youtube.com/user/TedGreeneArchives/playlists

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Michel. Thank you for the reply. I first found Ted's videos on youtube some years ago, I watched them in awe,mostly for enjoyment, but I lacked the theoretical background and language to understand his teachings. Recently I've been studying more, and then came back to Ted's videos. His discussion on keys and how to include non-diatonic notes in chords brought greater clarity to my understanding of the guitar and music in general. Maybe it is elementary, but it is always a good sign of a breakthrough when the previously opaque crystallizes into the obvious. It is like standing on a mountaintop just to view a vast range of other mountains you need to climb.

I think Ted's clinic at the Musician's Institute is unique in that he was expecting a more intimate workshop setting where the students all had their guitars, more of a teaching opportunity than a performance. Instead he was onstage in front of a large audience, where the organizers didn't even set up a microphone for questions. It seems to me that the incongruency shows us a different side of Ted in action as a teacher, a different energy and approach to teaching to the average music student's level rather than a specific student or group including many professional musicians. I love his explanations and sense of humor, and that he plays his guitar almost the entire period before the first intermission break.

The first break is at roughly 50 minutes and I am hungry to see it all. I dug further on youtube and tedgreene.com
and found some more pieces:

0:50:27 - 0:56:41 "Send In The Clowns"
0:58:59 - 1:04:16 "God Bless the Children"
1:05:56 - 1:15:14 Original Improvisation (youtube title, "noodling")
1:36:05 - 1:41:23 "Like Someone In Love"
1:41:52 - 1:47:53 "Eleanor Rigby", then Ted starts announcing the second break (? - cut)

Unfortunately any remaining teaching discussion I cannot find.
I would love to find the entire recording.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #10 
Hey guys, 
Someone did a complete transcription of Ted's MI seminar.
You can find it in our "Transcription" section. Find it under "Musician's Institute Seminar"
http://www.tedgreene.com/transcriptions/default.asp

Here's  direct link:
https://www.soundslice.com/slices/n1kcc/

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE