PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Friends,
The March Newsletter is now up for you to enjoy.
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Thanks to our friend, Nick Stasinos for sharing some of his remembrances of time with Ted.
We look forward to part 2 of his stories next month.

Hope you enjoy the arrangement of "Maria."  It's a good one.  This song is often used by teachers who are helping students with ear-training, specifically learning to hear the different intervals. "Maria" uses a #4 (or b5) interval at the last note of measure 8, into the first note of measure 9 (D to G#).  Sing it, hear it, impress it in your musical memory.  I don't know if Ted used this song for that purpose, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. 

Also in this month's goodies is comping for "Songbird."  I think this is a relatively unknown piece, but it has a wonderful melody and the original chord changes and progressions are rich.  Ted sure spiced them up.  The YouTube recording of Daryle Rice is really nice, the piano playing some excellent harmonies.  

If someone wanted to make a solo guitar arrangement of this piece, it's possible to use most of Ted's chords and reharmonizations and modify them to fit the melody.  I was experimenting with this and see that it's not to difficult.

Enjoy the new stuff.

Reply with quote  #2 
Picking up on your comment regarding the ear and intervals, I was reminded of an old publication called Jazz Handbook by Jamey Aebersold Jazz (still available online) and this sheet:

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 10.27.38 PM.png
Lots of other very interesting topics covered in the handbook.

regards - Big Mickey

PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Friends,
Hope all of you are all right, staying safe, healthy, and positive.
We are recommended to stay at home during these days of the virus situation, and maybe this will afford us some extra time to grab that guitar and learn some of those "rainy day" lessons from Ted.
Lord knows there's plenty on the website to keep us busy for years.  So, use this as an opportunity.

We still plan to post our monthly Newsletters and new lesson material....although it may be a bit less than we normally post.
We're here for you.

Stay well.[smile]

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Paul recognition for your work. [wave]

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Paul.
We're fine over here.
Not working. Just practicing.

Stay safe, - KL

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE