PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Dear friends,
Please visit the News section to view the March Newsletter and listing of all the new items posted for this month.
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Log in to the Forums and post a thanks or just say hi.  We love to hear from you.
It's pretty simple to add a comment in the Forums if you just stay logged in by checking the "Log me in automatically on each visit" box as you sign in.

Some nice things are awaiting you....this month we have one of Ted's "simple" chord-melody arrangements that you're sure to like. (Sorry for all the "difficult" level 3 ones that have gone up in recent months.) More audio tracks, a recorded lesson, a walking chord blues, diminished 7th scale patterns, beginning counterpoint, V-System & Systematic Inversions, V-2 Dominant 7ths, V-11 chords (ouch!), original tunings page, and more. Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #2 
This month, you're getting a single, fairly long V-Sys explanation chapter from me: How Systematic Inversions Relate to the V-System:
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/v_system/27_How_Systematic_Inversions_Relate_to_the_V-System.pdf
I thought this was going to be a relatively unimportant supplemental chapter but it turned out to have a lot of substance.  After quickly covering the basics of systematic inversions, I get into things like, Can chords with doubling be systematically inverted?  From the start, I've said that the V-System is restricted to four-note chords without doubling.  So you might be surprised to read about Ted's plans to include doubled chords and how he planned to do so.

Also, as I wrote about how systematic inversions relate to Method 3, I gained some new insights into Method 3.  So much so that the end of this chapter amounts to a major addition to what I previously wrote about Method 3.

Happy V-System to you!
Keith

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Paul and James,
I sure have been enjoying all of this wonderful material that you and the rest of the guys are posting for us all.
Thank you for all your hard work!

My best to you.
Keith Richman
TedGreeneFan

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the write up on Just Friends and the Walking Chord Blues.
Also like the V-2 dom. 7 chord exercises.
Great stuff.

Reply with quote  #5 
James, thanks for posting that explanation. I agree that "doubled" chords are not good candidates for inverting.

Reply with quote  #6 
You are welcome.  In a few days, my chapter on Ted's plans for teaching the V-Sys will be posted.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE