PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #1 
Here it is, for those interested...I listed a few interludes of special note, but as is Ted's way, most of the tunes have some type of intro/interlude.

• I'm Confessin'
  • I'll Remember April
  • I Remember You
  • Danny Boy
  • Send in the Clowns
  • Let It Be Me
  • Break
  • Spanish-Tinged Intro
  • My One and Only Love
  • Moon River
  • Giant Steps (only Ted would combine the two....)
  • Blues/Gershwin-y Interlude
  • In The Still Of The Night
  • Going Out of My Head
  • Don't Sleep in the Subway
  • Blue Counterpoint Interlude
  • Georgia
  • Willow Weep for Me
  • When Sunny Gets Blue
  • Makin' Whoopee
  • All The Way
  • Always
  • Break/Conversation about Food
  • Surry w/ the Fringe on Top and medley
  • Swampy Blues Interlude
  • S'Wonderful
  • Unknown Standard Tune
There is SO much on this disc to inspire/humble.  I am beyond jealous of all of you fellas that got to study with him, even one lesson. 
PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Jeff,
Great! Thanks for doing this. 
Maybe someone else can recognize some of the "unknown standards".
--Paul

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear Barbara,

I saw forum of Ted’s web site.

Please tell Mr Jeff Stocks Music that the first song is "I'm confessin'" next is "I'll Remember April" on Ted's Seashell video.

Sincerely,

Tsuyoshi Ichikawa

Reply with quote  #4 

The tune after "Giant Steps" is "In The Still Of The Night" by Cole Porter, and the tune after "All The Way" is "Always" by Irving Berlin. I love this video and it has had a profound impact on my life ever since the first night I downloaded it off of these forums over a year ago. It took me forever to figure out how to make it work, but at about four in the morning I finally got it happening. I even woke my wife up who had fallen asleep on the couch while I was working on it. She is a beautiful singer and another great lover of Ted's music. Neither of us ever had the chance to hear Ted live, so we both sat up and watched the whole performance, astounded at the beauty and phenomenal musical power this man possessed. It was also one of the more amazing computer experiences I've ever had. Living in Chicago I had little hope of hearing Ted live, and yet here he was, at four in the morning, in my living room! Thanks to whoever filmed this and put up it for us all to share.

JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #5 

Thanks Andy, I made the corrections. 

MarkSpangler

Reply with quote  #6 
Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop...this may be answered in another thread. But - is there a way to acquire the Seashell DVD? Thanks!

Mark

omobob

Reply with quote  #7 

Follow this thread: Forums - General Topics - For anyone that wants the DVDs/CDs of Ted

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #8 
Andy, thanks for the enthusiasm about Ted - its always great to see someone else have such a positive experience.  It reminds us all, I think, of what joy or pleasure is possible. 

The incredible thing, to me, is that Ted played like this ALL THE TIME.  I'm sure he was more inspired some days then others, but this is the level of sitting in the room with him.  And if you got him laughing, his musical sense of humor, including various TV themes etc was incredible (coupled with his phenomenal memory for things).

So - let's try to keep sharing this with people who haven't heard or seen him.

-Leon
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #9 
Jeff,

I think the 'mystery pop song' after "Going Out of My Head" is the song recorded in '67 "Don't Sleep in the Subway", sang by Petula Clark.

Nick

Reply with quote  #10 

Nick, Thank you!  I made the correction in the first post.  We are almost there with all of the song names!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE