PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
BenjaminIra

Reply with quote  #1 
If you don't own the album "Reflections" by Kurt Rosenwinkel, its an absolute 5 star, must have record for anyone who loves solo guitar. Although its actually a trio, Kurts playing is very much in the lime light and the dialogue is truly unbelievable. Also OJM, East Coast Love Affair, or The Remedy are great great albums to get if your just discovering Kurt.

I never met Ted, but I think Kurt's playing and compositions would really strike a note or two with Mr. Greene..

Does anyone have any insight on Kurt's voicings? There out of this world. Any book or album recommendations..

Also his compositions are so strange... Any advice?
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #2 
I haven't heard Reflections, but you could start with the Mel Bay Kurt Rosenwinkel book.

Reply with quote  #3 
I have both Kurt's composition book and the book of transcriptions from East Coast Love Affair. Both are excellent, but didn't shine a light on the voicings/playing I'm talking about.. I know Ted would have really enjoyed listening to Kurt.

jseaberry

Reply with quote  #4 
This might be of some help:

http://themusicofkurtrosenwinkel.blogspot.com/
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Just got several of Kurt's recordings.  Excellent!  His lines are very interesting, creative, swinging, and harmonically precise.  Great harmonic sense.
I've known about him for a long time, but now I appreciate him even more.  Thanks for the reminder.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE