PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
We've got the July Newsletter up.
Dig in!  http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp
Lots of great stuff. (Thanks to the many contributors this month).  We've got a couple of short audio clips that you'll enjoy of Ted in a lesson with Nick.
Those new to Ted's lessons, check out the "How to Read Ted Greene Chord Diagrams" http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/students/PaulVachon/HowToReadTedGreeneChordDiagrams.pdf

Give us a shout if you like something, want more of something, have any questions (V-System Method 1 is now posted....put your thinking cap on, take the quiz, and let us know how you scored), or if you just want to share some insights, comments, or observations on this month's material.  We'd all love to hear from you.
Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #2 
I've tried to play the audio from a couple of PCs now and receive an error message, but they are downloadable and can be played locally on your PCs.

Check out Ted's explanation on moving bass lines from the 1978 seminar to get the full benefit of these audio files.

Reply with quote  #3 
The audio problem has been detected and solved.  Apparently one could download or play from the download link, but not from the > (play) button.  Out humble webmaster found the glitch in the Matrix and everything works fine now.  Hope you guys enjoy these clips!

Reply with quote  #4 
great job!! still thanks a lot !! 
Alberto
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks, Alberto. 
It's nice to know that the material is helpful.

Reply with quote  #6 
Great article by Omar, enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks everyone for keeping the material alive.
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #7 
I should note that Omar was a student of a student of Ted's - sort of a "grand-student." I mistated that in the newsletter. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Leon
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Okay guys, you've had over a week to look at the V-System, Method #1.  
Did you take the quiz? 
How did you score? 
Anyone want to share their results, or what you think about this new way of approaching guitar chords?

Reply with quote  #9 

Hi Paul,
I did the quiz yesterday, and I scored 100%. I was a bit confused with the last chord (I wrote V2/V7 with a question mark). The explanation of method 1 was great and very easy to understand. Ted´s V-system has definitely changed the way I look at chords.

I love the 3 versions of satin doll, and a big thank you to Nick for sharing his audio lessons. I´m actually transcribing some of Ted´s ideas. The "tag" at the end is just killer. I must learn that stuff.

Thanks everyone for this month lessons.
/Anders

Keith

Reply with quote  #10 
So, Ted created this wonderful way to organize 4 note chords. 
It begs the question, did he have anything to say about 5 note chords?

Best,
Keith
James

Reply with quote  #11 
When I asked Ted in a lesson about five note chords, I just remember him saying, "There are way more of those!"  In other words, if you think the V-System is describing a ton of (four note) chords, there are even more five note chords!

Naturally Ted was exploring ways to organize five note chords, too.  But I don't think he was taking a V-System style approach.  There are some indications that he was going to do a V-System style approach with three note chords.  Which makes sense because, like four note chords, they tend to produce good sounding voicings by systematic inversion.

With five note chords, I would say he was interested in other kinds of organization, such as holding three notes constant.  He also was doing something he called "geographic" or "location" organization.  Probably this meant, for a given key, a certain area of the neck would hold many chords somewhat similar in visual shape or similar in the location of the chord tones.

Of course, he was also interested in the use of chords in progressions and arrangements, not just in isolation.

You can be sure he was exploring many, many possible ways at organization, both for his personal guitar studies and to help his students.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #12 
Anders,
Great that you scored 100% on the quiz. Nice to know that the explanation is clear.  I was used as a guinea pig for the method, and it works for me, so I'm glad that it works for others as well.

If you transcribe Ted's contrary motion tag at the end of the Satin Doll recording, please share it with us!

Reply with quote  #13 
I was just listening to Satin Doll on Ted's audio clip.
OMG! I love it! 
Best, 
Keith
PaulV

Reply with quote  #14 
Keith,
It's incredible that you're able to check out all the TG materials, Forums, audio and video clips, etc., and do it all without your computer!  He's doing it all via his cell phone, folks.  Now that's dedication and determination!  (I hope the audio clips sound okay through your phone.  You'll be amazed when you listen through a good pair of headphones.)

Reply with quote  #15 
Paul,
Thats right! This little phone is my portal. It's my only connection with the outside world these days, at least until my contract is up and I can go home. I just have to figure out how to explain all these new guitars to my wife. LOL
Best 
Keith
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE