PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Wckoek

Reply with quote  #1 

I have just saw this on youtube, this player had a very unique yet sensible approach on finger/hybrid style solo guitar.

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #2 
Hmmm…

Not bad, but not what is normally called a "master class". That is when someone like Andres Segovia or Pablo Casals (acknowledged masters of their instrument) give public classes for advanced students and colleagues.

His right hand position is unorthodox, but works well for him.

Reply with quote  #3 
Heifetz Masterclass - Valle-Heifetz: Ao pe da fogeuria

Imagine the pressure of being critiqued by Jascha Heifetz in front of an audience of your peers. Ted told me that Heifetz's rehearsal pianist for some of his master classes was Andre Previn. Just in case things weren't pressure filled enough.
P.S. Thank God for Youtube! Where else can you so easily find material like this?

Reply with quote  #4 
It was far better than the infamous Segovia Chapdelaine masterclass though.
When you speak of harshness.
I rather being hard on by a master, but in a more constructive way. Only this we can know where we may be improve upon.

Koek Wei Chew
markjens

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm not a big fan of his 'brushy' sounding attack.  There is a distinct lack of tone, and imprecise attack on the melody notes.  The 'imprecise' part doesn't so badly affect his rhythm notes (though I dislike the lack of tone there as well), but it certainly gives a muddy quality to the whole.  Please don't misunderstand;  I am perfectly capable of tapping my foot to this music and would not select a different channel on my radio.  But on THIS forum, I can be pretty picky about tone - Ted IS tone.

Mark
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE