PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
midivox

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All,
    I downloaded a Jazz Guitar course today called Jazz Textures by Christopher Woitach , I do not know if Christopher is a Forum Member, since I do not visit the forum much this year.
   Anyway in the sample lesson on Counterpoint, Chris mentions Ted's Videos on You Tube and suggests everyone watch them to see guitar counterpoint in action.
   Ted is mentioned in other places in the Jazz Textures course also Chris said in the sample lesson.
   Ted loved to discuss and demonstrate harmony and counterpoint and give out harmony and counterpoint lessons.
Happy Guitar Holidays
Timothy Kelly
MidiVox

MidiVox Voice to Midi Hardware
http://www.healingmusic.net welcomes all
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Timothy, The name sounds familiar but I know not from where. I am so happy to know that he is suggesting Ted's videos to others though. Thanks for sharing that!  Barbara

Reply with quote  #3 
Tim:

How are the Truefire lessons?  I haven't purchased any yet but I'm interested in a few lessons in their jazz series.

affmusic

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm glad you noticed my mentioning Ted Greene in my course - he has always been a huge inspiration to me. All my jazz students end up buying Chord Chemistry!

I hope you enjoy the course!

Christopher Woitach
GregB

Reply with quote  #5 
Well I bought Mimi Fox's "Graduated Solos" lesson from Truefire and I'm very happy with it.  Now that I'm aware of the quality of the lessons I feel confident in recommending them.  You really get an awful lot of information for what is essentially, the price of a single personal lesson. (At least at the download price)

After I work on this one I think either Jazz Anatomy or Jazz Textures will be my next purchase.

jseaberry

Reply with quote  #6 
I have purchased a great number of Steve Herberman's classes on Mike's Masterclasses, and every one has been eye opening at the least. With the material from this site, David Oakes' work on Jimmy Wyble's playing , and the Herberman classes, my playing has been revolutionized in the last few years. I also have the Chris Woitach video from Truefire, and it is very, very good. He is a player and composer in Portland, Oregon, a cohort of John Stowell's, and I correspond with he and John frequently. He is very accessible, and I recommend his as well as the new Stowell Truefire classes.Steve Herberman also has some free counterpoint lessons on his site that are hard to find, but not duplicated in his other for sale classes.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE