PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All,
The January 2012 Newsletter is now up.
Wishing you all a successful and musically invigorating new year.
We've posted a ton of new material this month, so you can kick-start 2012 with some music and thoughts from Ted.
Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,
I've got a request for the the year 2012, can we have the videos of "vintage guitar seminar 2003"? (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2866532452492440444)

The google video is of very low quality... And I've always wanted to hear more of the tunes covered in that particular seminar.

Thanks!
GregB

Reply with quote  #3 
Rivendell:  I can help a little bit.  The handout sheet which Ted uses at the start of that video (The twelve days of Christmas) is here

http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/tunes/TwelveDaysOfChristmas.pdf

dsindel

Reply with quote  #4 
Plenty of good stuff this month over at http://www.tedgreene.com please don't forget to subscirbe to Ted's Channel on YouTube and keep in touch over at FaceBook.

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
Keith

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Paul,
I just wanted to thank you and the guys for keeping Ted's light shining in this world. I know I don't post much, but I wanted you all to know what a profoundly positive affect Teds teachings have had on my life.

My best to you.
Keith
Zorshelter

Reply with quote  #6 
Didn't wanna create another thread but in case some of you didn't stumble on this one:

lots of beauty for everyone

bishopdm

Reply with quote  #7 
Nice!  One of the comments suggests that Ted was losing finger dexterity in his later years.  Any truth to this?

Reply with quote  #8 
What a wonderful video!!!! thank you so much for posting it.

Regarding Ted's dexterity - in later years he did comment to a number of people that he felt he wasn't as nimble as in earlier years.  He said it to me before going into play a 1/2 set on a Guitar Night here in Los Angeles.  Then he proceeded to 'take the paint off the walls' - it was  stunning.  After that I kidded him about it, but I'm betting he was feeling age a little.  However, I never heard his playing diminish.  That might be because he was a masterful craftsman and could hide it, or, as that night, it might be that he rose to those occassions.  Thanks again for the video!

Leon 
jazzuki

Reply with quote  #9 

Just seen it-it just makes me feel guitarwise so inadequate-so BRILLIANT ! Peter.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #10 
I wonder if it's possible to hunt down the rest of that video recording. 
Leon, get your detective hat on.........or anyone else who feels the Sherlock Holmes urge.

Reply with quote  #11 
How cool is that?  There's got to be more!  I just sent a message to mistermetzoo and hope to see his reply soon.

Nick

Reply with quote  #12 

mistermetzoo is Mark Joseph, a big tenor guitar fan that refers to himself as Mr. TG (TG = Tenor Guitar) on YouTube.  There’s another video of a lesson he took of Ted teaching Gershwin’s “Summertime”, tagging on “St. Louis Blues” near the end:

Still waiting for an answer!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE