PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
thedeathmetalleopard

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Guys, 

I put together an article on the II-V-I progression for Live4Guitar. It's aimed at intermediate level players, but I thought one or two of you might find this useful. No points for guessing who my influences were when I wrote it!

http://live4guitar.com/article/the-ii-v-i-explained-part-1
bishopdm

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Thomas:

I welcome these types of articles "out there" on the web, and I compliment you for putting this together.  But I think your musical examples would be clearer if you had used flats instead of sharps where they are needed.  Does you music writing software not have flats?

Also, the whole idea of introducing the resolution of the tritone in the V7 chord is fine, but your later musical examples do not show this happening.  If I were just learning this stuff, I would be confused as to why you introduce it and then show examples where it doesn't explicitly happen.

Finally, check the spelling of the Gb7 chord in your presentation of tritone substitutions.  It think it would be better to include the root rather than leave it out and double the 5th.

I'm not trying to be critical of what you've done, but I think with a little more attention to detail, your efforts will ultimately be more valuable to your target audience.  I'm happy to help out if you have any questions.

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi David,

(I'm afraid my other account is inaccessible...)

Thanks for the criticism, I'll definitely take it on board should I write any more. I'm afraid I'm not adept in Guitar Pro, though I'm sure it does have flats!

Tom
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE