PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
orange1973

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi.

Did Ted leave something about to employ harmonics in comping - or in general? I really admire how Ted used that technique on "solo guitar". I am trying to figure it out myself, but I think some ideas about how to exercise that harmonics technique would help a lot.

Thanks,
Thomas, Lisbon
PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Thomas,
Go to the "Chord Melody" forum and find the thread entitled, "That Chime Sound Ted Gets."  Ted used to call harmonics, "chimes," and there's some pages listed them about how to produce them.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #3 
Paul, thank you very much for the link,
Thomas
MarkThornbury

Reply with quote  #4 
I just found a Youtube link featuring Rich Severson demonstrating the harp harmonics technique as shown to him personally from Ted when they were teaching together years ago:

=

Reply with quote  #5 
Mark,
If anyone is interested, that excerpt comes from Rick's "Guitar College Video Magazine," volume 11.  I suspect he still has them at his Guitar College website, it is the one with Ted on the cover, and it is called the Ted Greene Tribute issue.  There is the tip you mentioned along with coverage of Ted's memorial and comments from many friends and colleagues.  I am not affiliated with this venture, I have the issue though, so I thought I would let folks know.

Mark
MarkThornbury

Reply with quote  #6 

Yes, I'm glad that you mentioned that...I have the DVD too, as well as another one Rich sent to me, and I highly recommend them, as they have a nice variety of goodies to be enjoyed. Nicely produced, well worth it.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE