PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Wow, lots of great new material this month.
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp
We also have a nice message from Rowanne Mark about singing with Ted.

And special thanks to Matt Lord for doing the translation sheets on V-2 Major chords, 15 Basic Extensions.  Take a look at Ted's original to see what eye-squinting Matt had to endure to make those nice diagrams.  
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/v_system/V-2_Major_15_Basic_Extensions_1984-10-21.pdf
Thanks Matt, we really appreciate your work!

ENJOY !

Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you and happy Groundhog day. After I deal with my 3' snowdrifts I'll check out the goods. [wink]

Reply with quote  #3 
I want to thank everyone involved in putting this together, for your dedication and hard work, making this site work and work well.  The exciting new discoveries each month as well as the old ones rehashed make this one of my favorite sites to visit ... frequently.  But, of course, being an old school student of Ted's, I am biased!  [thumb]

Reply with quote  #4 
Ted's V-2 Major- 15 Basic Extensions is wonderful.  Thanks for sharing it. 

Btw, here is a quote of Ted's during an interview along with the source --

Question - How did you then learn all this material you had written?

Ted- I didn't. I'm still shocked by how much of what I've written I either don't recall at all or haven't absorbed.  Luckily, some of it is in me now, finally, in at least a primitive kind of way. But there are thousands of pages of more elegant manifestation that I'd love to get back to. I could study this material for the rest of ....so long. 

Ted Greene interviewed by Alexander Adler- Part 2. Just Jazz Guitar Magazine, Issue # 24, August 2000. 

Last, but not least,  For those who want and/or need just a bit of Ted's help to understand the Appendix in Randy Vincent's Drop 2 book,  Ted's V-2 Major- 15 Basic Extensions should do the trick.   Randy covered these extension groups in V-2 (drop 2) just like Ted for tonic major and also Lydian major, but Randy also did this on both the upper AND middle four strings.   Also, Randy did this for Tonic minor, Dorian minor, Dominant and Altered dominant.   It's nice to see Ted laying out, or spelling out (pun intended),  exactly what functions of the original 6th chords are being extended. 
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks BLC for the Ted quote.

Regarding the V-2 15 Basics page.  It should be noted that at this time (2/4/2015) the posted write-up has some typos in it that we need to correct.  James Hober pointed these out recently.
Apparently the major add 11 chords were written up as major add #11, both in the chord names and the notes in the grids.
I'll let you all know when this has been resolved.  So be warned when studying these pages.

Also, this "15 Basics" page is just a tip of the iceberg.  We still have tons of other V-2 pages that Ted created for many, many different chords, string sets, chord moves, chord scales, etc.

Almost all of the other V-3 through V-14 pages are already up.  There's still a few odd ones that need some attention, but there's no rush on getting these out.  V-1 has quite a bit left to do as well, but there are hundreds of V-2 pages yet to post.  So don't think the few pages already posted represent all Ted has to say on the subject of V-2 (or drop-2 as is commonly called).

Reply with quote  #6 
Just wanted to inform everyone that the newly updated/corrected file for this months "V-2 Major 15 Basic Extensions" lesson sheet is now up, and the old one is history...ah, trash, that is.
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/v_system/V-2_Major_15_Basic_Extensions_1984-10-21.pdf

If you already downloaded this file, please delete it and get the new one. There were a lot of corrections - some subtle, and some not so subtle - so we don't want you to be misled by the first version.  

The page really should have been titled, "V-2 Major Types Basic Extensions" - because Ted started out with the Major types and discovered 15 basic extension.  But then he continued and the next section is Lydian Major....and we have 20 of them.  Then for the Add 9 and Sus4 there's only 10 each.  Of course, this was just a worksheet and not a lesson handout, so that explains the confusing title.

This page has some really cool chord stream moves in there that are worth checking out, and perhaps memorizing a couple, especially the add 9 and the major qualities.  You probably knew it, but these sequences are built from the starting chord and then expanded using the systematic inversions method.  Of course there's some bizarre and odd-sounding ones in the collection, but Ted was being thorough (as usual).

Sorry for the confusion.

Reply with quote  #7 
Okay, Valentine's day has come and gone.  Anyone learn "My One and Only Love" with their own interpretation of the Bridge and ending?
I'd love to see/hear your version.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE