PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
The February 2014 Newsletter and new lessons, audio, and video items are now ready for you!
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp
Enjoy.

I know, I know....you didn't finish with all the stuff from last month....and it just keeps on coming....but Ted has mountains of material......ya can't stop an avalanche.

Let us know if you LIKE something or what you want want more of.
These Forums have been very quiet lately, but we want to hear from you.  [cool] [cool] [sneaky] [cool] [cool]

Special thanks to David Bishop for his work on Ted's Bach Preludes this month (as well as for all the proofreading he does each month).

Reply with quote  #2 
BLC,
Glad you like the material.  I love it when Ted shows different harmonic treatments of a short melodic phrase, as he did in this month's "Here's That Rainy Day" chord study.
Boy, I needed to look up the definition of aliquots.
I agree with your comment about David's valuable expert help.  Thanks again, David!

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi guys,
Mike found a small typo in the "Here's That Rainy Day-1st phrase w/various harmonizations" page in the "Chord Studies" section that just went up this month.
The error was the fret number on the first grid of example #3.  It was a 4 and should have been 5.
It has been corrected and the new file is now up.
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/chords/HeresThatRainyDay_1stPhraseHarmonizations_TedGreene_1979-07-16.pdf

Sorry....we try to catch all these things before they get posted, but things fall through the cracks.

Reply with quote  #4 
Paul, David and team,
Thanks so much for this month's lessons and audio-video clips.  You guys do a great job in presenting Ted's music.  I really appreciate all the transcription work you do - I would have to struggle reading and deciphering Ted's handwritten pages.  I like Leon's story, and the Tim Lerch YouTube videos are priceless - keep 'em comin'!
I LIKE everything.

Reply with quote  #5 
BLC,
Clever solution to the fret mistake!  
I don't remember who it was, but years ago I saw a video on YouTube of a guitarist who was constantly re-tuning while he was playing - very accurately and lightning fast - in order to get certain chords/notes, open strings, etc., for the piece.
It was country music style.  I think he had special tuning pegs that accommodated quick re-tunes.  It was amazing!

Reply with quote  #6 
I think you might be referring to Adrian Legg 

Reply with quote  #7 
Mike,
Yes! that's the man - Adrian Legg.  Amazing!

Reply with quote  #8 
Paul, 
Those are Bill Keith banjo tuners on Adrian Legg's guitar.  Banjo players have been using these to do the same thing for years.  Adrian is not only a great fingerstylist, but a guitar tech wizard, constantly tweaking his guitars.  He wrote a book back in '81 on guitar modifications titled "Customizing Your Electric Guitar" through Amsco.

Reply with quote  #9 
I like it all, and the videos are a real treat. Hope there is more to come. [wink]

Reply with quote  #10 
Hey Dave,
Thanks.
Yes, I believe there are more videos.  And some unreleased audio recordings too.

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVachon
Hey Dave,
Thanks.
Yes, I believe there are more videos.  And some unreleased audio recordings too.

Very cool.

Reply with quote  #12 
Regarding the tuners:
If I recall (from my old ODE 5 string) there were two tuners placed adjacent to each other - like the two outside strings on the finger board.  You'd set the tuners to match an open D tuning, and then use their second setting for open G tuning (?). 
The trick was to move both at the same time with one hand movement.

They were close enough that you could stretch your fingers etc to hold both tuners, and tune them in one motion(whew!).  Once I got that down, I felt like I was ready to tackle some of Ted's fun fingerings.
Back in the day I think we referrerd to them as "Keith-Scruggs" tuners.

L
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE