PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Here we go with the February Newsletter....
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Many nice things to sink your musical teeth into.  Hope you find something you love.

For those of you who have been following the series on Ted's V-System we have a special treat to share.  Ted's "Rosetta Page" that outlines all three methods, plus James Hober's line-by-line explanation to go along with it.

Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #2 
Im always wanting to post a thanks, but usually forget!  thanks a million to the hard working staff, who never fail to keep churning out the priceless material. thanks to barbara, who took the initiative to keep the mans legacy alive - until her final day. and most of all thanks to Teddy-G (as my family refers to him). If you had told me, when i first picked up a guitar almost two decades ago, that there would be a guy posthumously taking my playing to the greatest of heights...  I would have said "wrong guy" (and probably more in reference to TED not MYSELF..I was so NAIVE).  Thank you so much,  I am forever grateful.
arsenalca

Reply with quote  #3 
Not sure where I should be posting this (or if I should bother posting it), but I can't resist pointing out that in Improvisation #7 of "Ted Greene Solo Guitar Improvisations August 24, 2001", right around 4:00 Ted starts doing some variations on bits from Bach's "Invention 13" (Ted's arrangement of which is already up).This made me smile and then shake my head resignedly. I'm curious to know if other people have noticed similar things in Ted's "Baroque" improv stuff.
James

Reply with quote  #4 
I don't remember Ted often directly quoting a fragment of melodic theme from Bach's Two Part Inventions like he does at the place you mention.  But obviously, he improvised in Bach-like style and that included a mash up of Bach melodic ideas as well as harmonic and contrapuntal.  There are people who study the fine points of Baroque harmony and counterpoint but they may not pay enough attention to melody.  For both Ted and J.S., melody was a very high priority.
Fabius

Reply with quote  #5 
In my ears his baroque improvs sound like streams of unconscious "harmonic finger mechanisms". you have to quote bach at some point when you play that kind of music...
thank you for the updates and for the v-system!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE