PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Stephen_Bridgland

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all,

I was looking through the 5 lessons marked "Using Chord Qualities" (in the Chords and Chord Melody lessons section) and was wondering whether the first sheet was the start of a different lesson?

The first sheet seems to me to be showing which of the various groups of dominants work over each chromatic degree, but the sheet only gets up to degree III. The last four sheets seem to me to be dealing with something related but slightly different, specifically the use of 7#9 voicings on each degree.

I was wondering if there are other pages dealing with degrees IV through to VII in the same manner as the first sheet? Ted's way of grouping the dominant chords and analysing which groups work where has intrigued me so much that I just have to know how the story ends! Brilliant!

Thanks,

Stephen

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Stephen,
I just noticed your post today and I'm sorry no one has responded yet.  I hope to have some time tomorrow to look through the lesson sheets you are referring to and answer your question. 
There is the possibility that Ted did not write any more because sometimes he meant to but got distracted and never got back to it.  Or.... he would give you a start on something and let you figure out the rest (in some instances). 

Anyway, I'll look, and perhaps you will have an ending to your story.  Barbara

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Stephen,
Ted wrote the 1st page "Favorable Matings" in 1996 and perhaps planned to continue but alas, never did.  There are no other pages dealing with the remaining degrees  in this manner.
The other pages I included for "Using Chord Qualities" were written in 1986 and are related to the subject, (which is why I added them).
Maybe you or someone else out there(?) can figure out the rest of page 1?

I'm sorry I can not be of further assistance in this. At present I do not have the time to see if I could even figure out the rest of the page in question.
 Sincerely, Barbara

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE