PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Gonzalo

Reply with quote  #46 
Thanks a lot Will! It´s and incredible lesson. Before Ted i never thought about playing Baroque and here i am, thinking about counterpoint, cycle of 4ths... By the way, has anyone tried Ted´s transcription of the Invention 1 in C?? I´m starting to work on it and it really amaze me. I don´t know any other version for only one guitar
mark_h

Reply with quote  #47 
Thanks Will. I think transcribing some of the videos is a great idea. I know that ideally you should do it yourself and would learn most that way, but it can be a bit daunting, especially if you are having to jump a few steps higher than your current ability level/ comfort zone.
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #48 
Unless I insert this "unpost" here - I can not get any of the new messages in this section.  Sorry. 

Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
By the way, has anyone tried Ted´s transcription of the Invention 1 in C?? I´m starting to work on it and it really amaze me. I don´t know any other version for only one guitar

Ken Hummer's 15 Two-Part Inventions for Solo Guitar has a very good transcription in the key of C. I haven't tried Ted's Eb version yet, but this piece is definitely worth playing in several keys
Gonzalo

Reply with quote  #50 
Thanks a lot Fabius! I didn´t know about these.
In this link you can preview 3 of Hummer transcriptions if anyone is interested
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside/5000551/image/232645

wkriski

Reply with quote  #51 
Yeah i'm not getting these notifications either.
I have enounce which allows me to slow down the videos for transcription, it's not perfect but helps a lot.
I'm developing ideas on baroque improv, did some research at the university library and have found some piano improv books which help. But it seems the best way is to get ideas from the actual music, do a little analysis to understand the chord progressions. I also found some youtube of piano players improvising classical and it was obvious cycle of fourths, i iv V type stuff, modulations, so I'd like to build up a library of ideas and bass movements that I can improvise with.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE