PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
omobob

Reply with quote  #1 
The first chord in bar 6 of Girl Talk as posted in the forum is what I'd tend to think of as C7 with a b5 in the bass (F#,E,A#,C,G)(b5,3,7,1,5) but my concern is not so much what to call it as how to play it.

I have the first finger getting the F# (with the tip) and the C (below the knuckle), the 2nd finger getting E, 3rd getting A#, and 4th getting the G.

That's the only way I could get to all the notes without using the left-hand thumb - and when I looked down, my left hand looked like Ted's!

I love this stuff...   

theodoregeisel

Reply with quote  #2 
Funny how two people look at the same thing and see something different. I always look at where I'm coming from and where I'm going to for 'held-over notes' and 'guide' fingers. In this case the previous chord to the one in question I have my 2nd finger on the 4th string E, my 1st on 2nd string C and my pinky on the 1st string G. To me this is an easy transition to the chord you mention, My 1st, 2nd and pinky are already in place, and my 3rd finger is naturally 'poised' above the 3rd string 3rd fret Bb (the tricky part is keeping the 3rd finger on its tip so as not to deaden the 2nd string). I then barre my 2nd finger across the F# on the 6th string and the E on the 4th string. Continuing on to the next chord my 1st finger is already set up as a guide finger to E on the 2nd string 5th fret. Try it and let me know what you think.

b

omobob

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you - what a perfect answer. Lost in my search for a way to grab the notes I simply did not "see" it that way... your illumination simplifies the whole passage.

The partial inner-bar with the second finger is not something that I can recall utilizing in my whole life...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE