PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Drivera49

Reply with quote  #1 
This is my first post to this forum and iIlove to just spend time looking up subjects on this site.  I have a question about Ted's charts.  I have been looking at some of the charts and found that i don't really understand the triangles and the squares in the charts.  I know it is probably something extremely elementary. (e.c.Autumn Leaves)

Thanks

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi and welcome to the Ted Greene musical family!
I think you'll find the answer to your questions about the symbols in the Forums:
Forums - General Topics - Triangles, dots, x's, circles.

Update 7/1/2012:  Here's a new document "How to Read Ted Greene Chord Diagrams" posted in my "From Students" section at the top of the list:
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/students/PaulVachon/HowToReadTedGreeneChordDiagrams.pdf

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Guys,
In the chord chart of Baroque lesson (Cycle of 4th), The title is: "I & IV, Small triad with 2 to 1 decoration". I don't understand the meaning of "2 to 1 decoration". Please help.
Thank you.
TLerch

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Vagabond,
Notice how on this page in each grid box there are solid dots indicating chords and X's indicating a second note after the chord is played.  the 2 to 1 decoration refers to the relationship of the number of notes in the melody in ratio to the chord. 2 melody notes to 1 chord . hope that helps.
Tim

Vagabond

Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you Tim!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE