PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Michel

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I have " chords chemistry ". Is " Modern chords progressions " available for beginner and complementary of " chords chemistry " ?
Thank you .[wave]

Reply with quote  #2 
It is complimentary to Chord Chemistry but it is more for intermediate and advanced players (As is almost everything with Ted).
If you have CC and you have gotten some benefit from it, and it doesn't scare you - definitely pick up a copy of Modern chord Progressions. Arguably it is the better book or I should say "it's the better written book".

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Ken. I work as well with your videos on you tube.

Reply with quote  #4 
Modern Chord Progressions is great.  It is progressions using chords instead of reference listings of chords. So it's more practical and musical.

When I first got it, decades ago, I circled some of the progressions and labelled them "killers." These involved stretches or pinky barres or things I really struggled to get my hands to do.  Now it is much easier to do them.  So if you encounter extreme challenges, just mark those and gradually come back to them.  Little by little you will get better.

Also, if you're not sure how to finger a chord, just ask us.  I remember asking Ted in a lesson how to finger some chords in one of his arrangements.  I think it was When You Wish Upon a Star.  He showed me four or five ways to play a chord.  One worked well for me and I think he preferred a different one.  So quite often there are several possible fingerings for a chord. One may work well for you, while for someone else a different one will work well.

Also, Ted showed me how he used a different fingering for the same chord when he played it high up on the neck.  In the normal range he used one fingering and in the extreme high register a different one worked better.  In general, chords that are easily barred in the lower register want to be played with separate fingers in the high register.
Michel

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you James.  [wink]

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE