PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
We're happy to let you all know that the August Newsletter is now up and the new items are in their respective sections.  I think you'll like all the new lesson pages and the audio recordings.
Enjoy!
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you! :)

Reply with quote  #3 
Now would be good time for a small bump in supporting our webmaster and the site. Always appreciated - Leon
Keith

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Leon,
Thanks for the reminder to donate.
I love donating to this site. Unfortunately, with my memory being a thing of the past, I don't always remember to do it.

Thanks for all what you and the others are doing to keep Ted's "Great Work" alive in the world.
This site has been a huge source of inspiration to me.

My best to you.
Keith Richman

earsoup

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks every contributor for this fantastic work.

I must say the Harmony concept series is a gem ! Had never thought of the dominant 7 preceding a minor 7. Some of the examples are beautiful. 

TedGreeneFan

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks to Paul and everyone for the great lesson sheets.  I love the Harmonic Improvement series - very useful! It seems to go along with a lot that is discussed in A Session with the Stars video.
The Descending Progressions chord moves are beautiful.  Thanks for the cleaned up and notation for How High the Moon page - looking forward to the other 3 pages.  Keep up the good work of spreading Ted's teaching legacy. 

Reply with quote  #7 
Keith and Company,
Thank you for your generous comments! Paul and his band of contributors really have to WORK at the pages and videos that get posted, and your kind comments mean a great deal.  (I like those harmonic improvement pages too! So much packed into a few measures of music.  How lucky we all are.)

L
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Keith,
I checked in Ted's teaching papers and found nothing more about "Parallel Embellishment" other than what he mentions in the Harmonic Improvement lesson series (part 5).  Perhaps he felt that those examples explained the concept clearly enough and didn't need to write up separate lesson sheets.
In a private lesson Ted would undoubtedly have played several examples via a tune, and he would have encouraged the student to use it in one of his own chord-melody arrangements.  
This principle is used quite often by Ted, and by studying his arrangements that are already posted on this site you will certainly find many instances of parallel embellishment.
Can you find one or two and then tell us where they occur?

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Paul,
I know I've seen it in some of Ted's arrangements. I'll look and post what I can find.
Thanks for the suggestion.
K
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE