PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
gtrrobster

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I recently found this site, and have really enjoyed reading the many informative posts and watching/listening to the videos and audios.
Thanks to everyone who has put time into making these available.

Just curious if there are any other audios of lessons available other than the great series MArk Levy has posted for us.   i think I read something about Dan Sawyer posting his lesson tapes, but I was not able to locate them.

MAny thanks...back to Stardust...

Rob

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrrobster
I read something about Dan Sawyer posting his lesson tapes, but I was not able to locate them.

Hi Rob. That's funny, because I never took lessons with Ted. Wish I could have, but he refused to teach me, saying I already knew everything. This, of course was not true, but we were more like colleagues. Ted however, did give me many of his arrangements and lesson sheets. We hung out a lot and traded licks and techniques. He would often ask me, "Dan, what is your favorite chord this week?" or "What do you think the best chord to end this song"? This would challenge me and throughout the week, i would think of new chords to show him for the next time we would meet. Most of the time, his chords were far cooler than mine.

Reply with quote  #3 
Rob,

I apologize for assuming, but perhaps you are thinking of Dan Sindel?

http://www.dansindel.us/TedGreene.asp

gtrrobster

Reply with quote  #4 
haha...my oops on that one.  I must have mis-read a post.
As my friend often says  "Don't believe everything you think."

Well, it is flattering that Ted refused to teach you bcs he felt you were already there.  But he still challenged you with assignments.

Were you on the LA jazz scene as well?

I will look through the posts again, and see if I can come up with the other person's name who posted the tapes.

Thanks!

Rob

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE