PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings to all,
There is once again new lesson material and video for April. This is now accessible from many places on the internet!  1. TedGreene.com (our main place- always), 2. TedGreeneArchives Blog, 3. TedGreene Archives on Youtube.

All thanks to Dan Sindel for spreading the news.....

Warm regards to everyone,
Barbara

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Barbara:
The minuet you posted is Handel minuet in G Major HWV 531 originally for harpsichord. I know of it by Segovia who played it in D Major. A great addition!!
Thanks a lot for these lessons Barbara. I´m always expecting the beginning of the month to learn something from Ted.
Gonzalo

wkriski

Reply with quote  #3 
Awesome stuff Barbara! Like the minuet analysis.
I'm going to meet a local university librarian next week to research any Baroque improvisation - apparently they used to improvise a lot back then and over time it declined. Not sure there's an approach for guitar but I will try to find anything I can. There is some neat improv from 'figured bass' or continuo on keyboard at least.
Classical music was always intimidating and stuffy to me but by understanding the chord progressions we can see it's not too bad!

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Gonzalo, for identifying the Handel minuet. 
Baroque improvisation was my favorite of all Ted's playing.  We both absolutely loved J.S. Bach so very much (as I've probably posted a few other times in here). 
Of all the music Ted and I listened to and analysed, Bach was on top of the list.  We found Bach's music not only beautiful, but intellectually stimulating on so many levels. 
It pleases me and I know it would please Ted to know that others are beginning to love this music and take a serious interest in it as well. 

Reply with quote  #5 
Goooooooood stuff as always

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
dsindel

Reply with quote  #6 
Goooooooood stuff as always

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
Zorshelter

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you, you make my day with this new material
andybrown

Reply with quote  #8 
As always thank you for the continued inspiration. It is so wonderful to get these video clips of Ted, I really appreciate the work that goes into making them available. One of the many amazing things about Ted is I am always reminded of great music that I want to revisit-this time its Jimmy Reed and Eddie Taylor-WOW!!!! I can't thank you enough.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE