PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
ClaytonL

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could share any audio/video of Ted playing with any singers or if you had any advice. I'm gonna be playing with one doing standards and stuff, but I realized I've got space to fill. I mean, after the head... do I take a solo? Does she? Do we both? I'm not able to do the whole chord/melody/bass improv thing... if its pre-conceived maybe, but otherwise no. Maybe does anyone have advice to learn that? I've been trying to improv with just a bass line and melody but still coming up short. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
omobob

Reply with quote  #2 
It is my understanding that Cathy Segal-Garcia is planning to release a video of a performance she and Ted did at Rocco in 2000.

Also, I suggest you check out Andy Brown's work on youtube. (http://www.youtube.com/user/stringdamper)
ClaytonL

Reply with quote  #3 
Perfect! This is just what I needed to see. This guy is super good! I can't wait to see the video of Ted and Cathy too! Thanks!
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #4 
You might want to watch this:

Reply with quote  #5 

Yeah Dan. That was fantastic, I have a duo gig with a singer tonight, that really put me in the mood.

Ed Bickert was on some nice Rosemary Clooney albums, they always did a duo tune. I remember "Spring is Here" and '"Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square."

There's also a cool download from a website called "ArtistShare" that has a whole album of Ed Bickert duo with Jim Hall's wife Jane singing. Its great!
http://www.artistshare.com/artist_project_join_details.aspx?artistID=7&projectID=46&productID=890&selection=1&salesTypeID=6&headerTx=participant+offers

PS Thanks omobob for the kind words. I really appreciate it....

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybrown
Yeah Dan. That was fantastic, I have a duo gig with a singer tonight, that really put me in the mood.
I just searched youtube for Joe Pass and Ella Fitzgerald. That was the first one that came up… there may be more! I know the two of them did a few records together as well. I had not heard about the Bickert Clooney stuff tho'. Thanks for the tip Andy!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE