PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 10     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
MarkThornbury

Reply with quote  #61 

I'm really gonna try...I'm working on it, and there may be great potential, so here's hoping...!

Reply with quote  #62 

Great!  We're on for this Sunday!  There will be 2 in my group.  No BBQ?  Nothing greasy or sticky?  Carrot sticks for all!

Nick

Reply with quote  #63 
anyone have a camping stove??

Reply with quote  #64 

I drive a Pontiac that runs a little hot... so you can just wrap your food in foil & put it under the hood... twice around the block... voila!

SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #65 
Im bringing BBQ food no matter what  We might have to warm it up on your radiator, but were having BBQ.

Reply with quote  #66 
Diet Coke or Pepsi. lettuce, carrots, celery, green bell peppers, pickling cucumbers(only), baked, steamed, or mashed potatoes, french fries, potato pancakes, spaghetti with tomato sauce,garlic bread, wheat bread, onion buns, peanut butter, chow mein (Panda only), vegetarian vegetable soup, popcorn, potato chips, fritos, cheetos,tortilla chips, chocolate chip cookies, snickers bars (a variety of chocolate candy bars), roasted almonds, roasted mixed nuts, canned or frozen peas & greenbeans (cooked), m&m's w/peanuts, large glass of HOT water with meals only....... I think this was everything.
Oh! and Clausen's dill pickles! (only Clausens)

Reply with quote  #67 
Barb

I thought you told me spaghetti.  Thats it, BBQ spaghetti..  Anyway, see there's alot of hot food in that list

Reply with quote  #68 
Ted liked to put lettuce, peanut butter & potato chips on an onion bun. We could make that & BBQ it. (well, bbq the onion buns)

Reply with quote  #69 
The problem with bbq speggetti is placed the wrong way on the grill, it falls right through, so I'll come up with something else to BBQ

Reply with quote  #70 

A Ted meal... Peanut butter sandwich, Fritos, Bell pepper and a diet coke sounds right.

Reply with quote  #71 
OMG! The list of foods in Ted's diet is quite amusing. Notice the only protein is nuts and peanut butter.

BTW, i got a couple of emails from Cathy Segal-Garcia. We may see her on Sunday too.

Attached Images
jpeg Skippy.jpg (2.64 KB, 5 views)
jpeg images-1.jpeg (1.25 KB, 121 views)
jpeg images-2.jpeg (1.21 KB, 122 views)
jpeg images-3.jpeg (1.16 KB, 121 views)
jpeg images.jpeg (1.32 KB, 121 views)
jpeg Clausen.jpeg (1.98 KB, 121 views)
jpeg iGreen_pepper.jpg (969 Bytes, 121 views)

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #72 
The tarzana guitarist diet - loose weight in your choice of keys and meters . . .
Barb that's more variety then I ever saw him chomp - I'm glad to hear it.  I believe the diet coke was only a selected vintage year though, as he often brought it with him to our house

Dan, the product pix are great - now I can just take the forum with me to the market to shop . .

-L
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #73 
Steve, I had the same problem with the spaghetti til I turned the grill 90 degrees.  Of course the hot dogs fall through then, but you can't have everything. 
-L
omobob

Reply with quote  #74 

you must have turned it to the left instead of the right...

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #75 
Also add to Ted's food list fresh corn on the cob, frozen & canned corn. and an occasional spoonful of my ice cream.
Eating was a solitary experience for Ted, he preferred to eat & read with minimal conversation. That's how he derived the most enjoyment from a meal.
Obviously restaurants were out except for extenuating circumstances; he would go but rarely eat anything there.
Ted was much more comfortable when no one mentioned anything about his eating habits - he had had enough "comments"about that.
BTW - I've developed the same habits as Ted - at least that is my preference.

Therefore we should all sit by ourselves when we eat - don't forget to bring a book.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE