PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
JeffreyDBrown

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #46 
I would like to try to attend... what number does that make me?

Jeff

Reply with quote  #47 

I'll be bringing 3, counting myself.  And perhaps a cat, so that would be 3&1/2.

Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBrodie

I'll be bringing 3, counting myself.  And perhaps a cat, so that would be 3&1/2.

Great Steve!

So, we had 7 and you're bringing 2, Barbie is bringing 2 people, Adam tyler is now coming and if Jeff Brown attends, that will bring the total to 13. Looks like the picnic is a go for sure.

I'm trying to send a few emails today to some of the local guys like Mark Thornbury because they probably don't know about the picnic. Any of you that are coming, please feel free to invite your guitar playing friends.

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #49 
Does anybody want me to try to broadcast this any further on some of my websites or lists or would that complicate things... also what about emailing to the sub list on the site? I came in late and have not read the entire thread so maybe it's not that broad...

J

Reply with quote  #50 
Hey Dan -
Just confirming for Sunday.  Let me know if you need me to bring anything in the form of food, etc...

Reply with quote  #51 
Jeff, thanks for the offer, but this is really just for friends and students of ted's. If we broadcast it, this could get out of hand. Of course, everyone here is invited, but let's keep it among us and our friends for now.

Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTyler
Hey Dan -
Just confirming for Sunday.  Let me know if you need me to bring anything in the form of food, etc...

Hey Adam, that's great. Just bring drinks for yourself and maybe some sort of food for sharing. Just avoid sticky or greasy stuff if you want to touch my guitar.

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSawyer
Jeff, thanks for the offer, but this is really just for friends and students of ted's. If we broadcast it, this could get out of hand. Of course, everyone here is invited, but let's keep it among us and our friends for now.

No prob... I see and you're right... it could.

Reply with quote  #54 
picnic info one more time:

Ted Greene Alumni & Friends picnic, 11 am - 2 pm on May 27

Everybody bring some sort of food to share and beverages for themselves. You can bring acoustic/electric guitars, (battery powered amps?), blankets & folding chairs. All family and friends are welcome, whether they play music or not. Fun to be had by all!

Place:
Encino "Duck" Park
Less than 1/2 block east of Balboa, on the North side of Ventura Blvd. Right next to Smart and Final.  The only entrance I know of is through the gate on the Ventura Blvd side..

Hope you can make it!

(more info)
The back gate is at:
                                        16756 Moorpark St.
Encino CA 91436-1068

directions from their website:

Location-Directions
Take the 101 Ventura Freeway to the Balboa off ramp. Go South on Balboa to Moorpark--one block before Ventura Blvd. Turn left onto Moorpark and park on the street. There is no parking lot. Enter through the gate. 

according to Steve, you can also park in the Smart & Final lot and enter from Ventura blvd.

Reply with quote  #55 

Oh, man!  I just got the heads up from Dan!(That's what I get for being distracted with other stuff!!!)  I wish I could go, but I've got a prior commitment from Friday thru Tuesday!  Dang it!  I'll be there in spirit, and if there's another get together 'round Ted's B-day or something, I'd love another chance to visit with you all...

Reply with quote  #56 
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=619

A site about the park.  I found it interesting that the pond apparently was designed in the shape of a Spanish guitar.  How's that for appropriateness??  Also, it looks like there is parking on Moorepark, and another gate to go through, if you don't want to chance parking at Smart and Final..

I'm planning on bringing my mini BBQ, and I see nothing on the site prohibiting it?  Maybe someone can call them today and see if that would be a problem?  I'm gone today before they open

Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBrodie
  I'm planning on bringing my mini BBQ, and I see nothing on the site prohibiting it?  Maybe someone can call them today and see if that would be a problem?

I called and talked to a guy named Nick who said BBQs are not allowed. Too bad. (he says guitars are fine)

Reply with quote  #58 
CURSE YOU FAMILY REUNION!!!!! jk, hope you folks have fun.

Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkThornbury

Oh, man!  I just got the heads up from Dan!(That's what I get for being distracted with other stuff!!!)  I wish I could go, but I've got a prior commitment from Friday thru Tuesday!  Dang it!  I'll be there in spirit, and if there's another get together 'round Ted's B-day or something, I'd love another chance to visit with you all...

Come on Markā€¦ it's only 3 hours in morning. Try and make it if you can. We understand if you can't.

Reply with quote  #60 
No problem.  we'lll pre-cook, bring an extra battery to power the crookpot...

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE