PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBrodie
My vote is Balboa park, almost accross from TG apt.  Burbank near Balboa, and we can have a combination soccer,/tennis game

Sounds good, Steve. I'm just gonna throw this out there and see what happens.  Here are 2 possible Sundays. You folks all respond to which date you would prefer to come to the Balboa Park for a TG picnic. 11 am - 2 pm on May 27 or June 10?

Everybody brings a dish of food to share and beverages for themselves. Acoustic guitars, (battery powered amps?), blankets, folding chairs all welcome. Soccer and sports optional.

11 am - 2 pm, May 27 or June 10?

Reply with quote  #17 
If possible, can we try to avoid June 10th, I have to go to Wash.DC that day

Reply with quote  #18 

I like May 27.

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #19 
That soon? Assuming it will be in the L.A. area, it's not enough notice for others who would have to book a flight or drive. What about July or August?
July 23rd was THE day......

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarafranklin
That soon? Assuming it will be in the L.A. area, it's not enough notice for others who would have to book a flight or drive. What about July or August?
July 23rd was THE day......

It is soon, but as i said, i just wanted to throw the dates out and see what happens. As we all know, Summer in the valley gets pretty darn hot. May would be more comfortable for an outside picnic. Yes, it's too soon to book a flight, but this is a 3-hour picnic for locals to come to. It's informal and loose… just a "hang" more than an event. I suggest we start small like this and then if there's a lot of interest, maybe do another one on a later date (Ted's birthday?) that's held indoors.

Reply with quote  #21 

A picnic sounds like great fun!

Reply with quote  #22 
OK, so that's 4 so far: Steve Brodie, Bob Holt, Barbie, myself. How 'bout some more of you?

If we get to 10 people… it's a go. Don't worry if you live far and cannot attend. Hopefully, this is just the start of many TG get-togethers.

Barbie Quote: "May 27th is ok with me. However it was Jim Handy's idea & he lives in Michigan I think. Believe it or not, I have never been to a picnic, let alone tried to organize one. Do we just meet in some designated grassy area & bring food? Dan?"

Yes, there's really no protocol at a picnic. It's just a chance for friends to get together without messing up anyone's clean carpet. I'll try to bring a battery powered amp. We can raise a toast to Jim Handy.

Reply with quote  #23 

count me in.

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by omobob

count me in.

That's five people (plus any friends or family they bring). Anyone else interested?

Reply with quote  #25 
I got school that day so bummer, (damn summer classes).

Reply with quote  #26 

School classes on a Sunday?  May 27th sounds good to me!  Mr. Brodie can bring his Tele and I'll bring my screw driver (no vodka, please)!   Thanks Steve for the wiring diagram you posted earlier under Forums--> General Topics--> stratocaster.

Nick

Reply with quote  #27 
Ohhh the 27th I thought it was the 23rd. Bummer, family reunion.

Reply with quote  #28 
Geez

It sounds like everyone is planning on dissecting my tele at the picnic!  Sort of like the sacrificial lamb.  OK..  I'll drink a few beers before I get there, and I'll bring a blind fold  so I don't have to watch. 

What time is this going to be? And where in the park??  I drove by there the other day, and, there is parking just west of the tennis courts, and an open area, and restrooms near by I think..??

Reply with quote  #29 
Another Idea-Just thought I'd Throw It Out There..

Another option for the location would be that little park in Encino.  The one right next to Smart and Final. (Near Balboa).. There is a small lake, with Ducks.  Just think, all of you could take my tele apart, and throw the parts into the water.

Reply with quote  #30 
No, I think there just talking about removing parts from my tele.  So, they'll be throwing capacitors, maybe a toggle or two...

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE