PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LeonBlackwater

Reply with quote  #1 
Here's a video of an arrangement I wrote for this beautiful harmonically rich tune.  I am finishing up the score for this one so anyone interested in looking at the music for this can just PM here and I'll send you a .pdf as soon as I finish it up.

What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life? 

Thanks for listening.

There's no traffic on the extra mile.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice, Ric!

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Paul!

It has been a while but I'm back to doing more solo guitar work in the spirit of Ted's ideas about harmony melody and possibility.

I'll be posting more material.

R
LeonBlackwater

Reply with quote  #4 
Here's the .pdf score of the arrangement for the video.

I always take liberties when playing an arrangement so the version I have written out here is the structure that I keep in my head as I play.  There are places where I suspend the time or a phrase in order to let the music breathe or simply because I am thinking about what to play next.  Aside from classical music I would rather map out a performance with room to follow the line or the drive rather than stick to a set frozen arrangement.  

I can't say enough about what an honor it is to be a part of this musical community borne out of admiration for Ted Greene's work.  

I hope this inspires.

Regards

R
tedandbarbaraare1

Reply with quote  #5 
As Paul stated above--  Very Nice, Ric.     Thank you for the inspiration.  I don't know if I believe that there is no traffic on the extra mile, but I believe from what I've personally achieved and observed that there is very little traffic on the extra mile. 

Again, thank you very much.   I like your musical sensibility and musical feeling. 

Reply with quote  #6 
Beautiful arrangement of a great tune.
Thanks for that!

- KL

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE