PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
jasonapt10

Reply with quote  #16 

Hello everyone!

The site is great. Very nice look to it.

It's nice to know that what Ted meant to his family, friends and students will be shared with the rest of the world. There is much to learn from Ted, not only about the guitar, but about life itself.

I will be returning and contributing often.

Thanks again for all your hard work,

Jason D. Kuhar

Reply with quote  #17 
(not TG related) Adam, I love your avatar!

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #18 

Yeah, Adam's avatar is quite animated... (off topic) I thought I was watching a David Lynch movie...

JDB

Reply with quote  #19 

I just wanted to mention that Ted is up on Wikipedia!  Check it out!

Reply with quote  #20 

Greetings everyone!

This web site is so beautiful!  Ted would be proud of this effort, I am sure.  A heart felt thanks to all who made this wonderful site possible.  Adam, I hope the head is feeling better today.  Hilarious avatar!  I tried to create my own photo avatar, like Jeff did, but when it shrank, I lost pixels and became a one eyed, toothless wonder!  Ugh!

Just some added info for your Ted lists:

Articles & Interviews: 

March 2004 – “Guitar One” magazine, under the section titled "Lesson Lab."  I posted this at the tedgreene.blogspot.com on Dec. 29, 2005.

Seminars: 

Ted also taught for National Guitar Summer Workshop sometime in the 90s when it came close to L.A. (could have been in the San Bernardino area?).  If Nat Gunod of NGSW is still there, he might have more detailed info on this.

Recordings: 

1968 "Joe Byrd and The Field Hippies: The American Metaphysical Circus" lists Ted as playing guitar on this album.  This is the same Joseph Byrd, who 10 years later, produced Ry Cooder's "Jazz" album (1978).  Ted helped with the chord voicings for the arrangements.

When Ted told me he had a hand in it's creation, I immediately went out and bought the album.  I fell in love with Bix Biederbecke’s “Flashes” and begged him to teach it to me.  Not only did he teach it to me from a Cooder session chart he had, but filled in tidbits about Bix’s life from books he read.  I am willing to transcribe and donate the solo guitar arrangement of “Flashes” for this site, if permitted. 

Nick

Reply with quote  #21 
Leon

I was browsing through the performances, and was pleasantly surprised that you included Ted's Wilshire Pres. performance.  My step dad, now retired in Europe, was the musical director there, and I arranged for Ted to play there.  In fact, I played the week before, or after Ted, and who was in the audience listening to my show..,Ted.  I was too naive to be nervous about that.  Anyway, I have been trying to get his printed program for his performance.  Have written to dear dad in Europe.  My next attempt is to go to the church.  If I can get it, it might be something to post.  I remember his playing was incredible for that performance.  I wish I had recorded it!!

Reply with quote  #22 

Hi Leon,

You might want to add June 1980 Guitar Player to the list under Articles and Interviews section.  Alex Lifeson is on the cover with a red banner across the right top corner which reads "Ted Greene on Chord Voicings."

Nick

Reply with quote  #23 
 I stopped in at Wilshire Presbyterian Church today to see if they have the written program from Ted's performance there.  There was a fire there in the 70's so they're not sure.  But they will look. 

Reply with quote  #24 
FOR STEVE B.

While trying to organize Ted's Song Lists (ha ha) I came across a paper with the list of SONGS HE PLAYED AT WILSHIRE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (10-21-73)
Here they are in the order he listed:
SUMMER PLACE - YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE - COME RAIN OR COME SHINE - MY FUNNY VALENTINE - SURREY W/FRINGE & BEAUT. MORN. (MEDLEY) - OL' MAN RIVER - BACH MINUET & PRELUDE - SECRET LOVE - WHEN JOHNNY COMES MARCHIN' HOME

So there you have it.

Reply with quote  #25 
Barbara

Thanks for the list.  I kind of recall him playing some of these.  I definitely remember him playing a Bach piece because I remember how good it sounded in the acoustics of the Church.  If you stumble across the program the church prepared, can you let me know.  I know they always prepared programs.  They probably had something written up about Ted on it, other than the song list.  I'll keep on the Church, and some other sources.

P.S.  Today is one year since my last visit with Ted.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE