PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #1 

Welcome

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Leon and Jeff. I just registered and it was a very easy and smooth process. I'm just posting now as a test of the site. Changing fonts as i go. It's nice to have these text editing options. You don't see those very often on BBs.

Question: what happens to attachments? On some boards, photos only live for a certain amount of time, say 6 months, before they are deleted to save disc space.

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Dan... I don't believe there should be any time limit on posts and there is quite a bit of capacity here. Good to see your words.

Jeff

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Jeff! Hi Leon!

The site looks great. Barbi is writing a short bio of Ted for the site.

Reply with quote  #5 
Guys, I'm thinking we should post something at the blog to tell folks the website is almost ready. What say ye?

Reply with quote  #6 
Just checking in to say Hi!

Reply with quote  #7 
Photo of a workshop Ted did on Dec 3 at California Vintage Guitar.

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Leon, Dan, Barbara & all involved!

Just received the invite to join, and just wanted to say " Vobis gratias ago" (Thanks to all of you) for this beautiful new site!  Ted & I used to talk about dreams, how he would connect with George (Van Epps) in his dreams, etc.  I just wanted to share with you that I "saw" Ted about a week ago in a VERY vivid dream...he was playing in public, and after improvising a little bit, (with a lot of minor 6th chords, moving up in major 3rd key cycles) he played a very subdued "Send in the Clowns".  It was beautiful, I wish you all could have experienced it with me.  Of course, then that infernal alarm clock went off!  I'm not really into all this metaphysical stuff,  but I do (and have, for many years) have dreams about watching Ted play.   So far, the site looks great!  I'll post if I have any ideas!

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Mark, welcome here! That's a great dream. I like the minor 6ths moving up… Ted did too.

One thing that Ted used to teach all his students was systematic inversions. Learning the minor 6ths in all inversions was a big help for me, especially since they can also be dominant 9th chords. Ted told me that he stopped teaching the inversions because many of his students complained. That's a shame because it's one of the most valuable things i learned from Ted.

Reply with quote  #10 
I am sorry to hear that Ted backed away from the systematic inversion...they are one of the most powerful tools that I have ever seen for our instrument.  Ted did have a rigorous routine for them, as I remember, but it was an investment of time which was well worth it.  Ricky Katz & I had quite a conversation about this many years ago while Ricky was teaching at Valley Arts.  This would be a good topic for the harmony post...

Reply with quote  #11 

I agree with Dan!  I am not so good with this forum stuff / blogging etc.  but I sure love what I see here.  Lets tell the world about Ted!!

RickyKatz

Reply with quote  #12 

Systematic Inversions was a BIG eye opener for me.  With all the talk that Dan and Mark have started on the subject, I think it is time for me to pull out that tattered piece of paper and resume my studies on the subject!  I remember that I made a grid of all the chords and the dates that I would complete a "set" of inversions - Ha, the good old days! God I miss Ted!  (With a big smile on my face!)  

MarkThornbury

Reply with quote  #13 
Now THAT is truly funny!  I can hear Ted laughing now!

Reply with quote  #14 

Hi Leon, despite a study of Ted's book, your book "Sight to Sound" had gave me indespensible aid towards my playing and sightreading.

Thank you for keeping such an awesome site.

BTW, is the George Winston mentioned in the photos the new age pianist?

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
AdamTyler

Reply with quote  #15 
Hey Leon -

FYI - I just put a notice up on the blogspot with a link to the site.  I'll send Dan and you an email, just in case you don't see this tonight.

Best

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE