PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
AllanW

Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good "volume soak" unit, (AKA volume attenuator)? If I play my Standel amp at home I can't turn the volume past "1" (for the sake of the neighbors), and I'd love to be able to turn it higher for all the warmth and beauty of the sound, but without the added volume that might disturb people. 
Thanks for any help,
Allan
Fabius

Reply with quote  #2 
http://www.koch-amps.com/lb120-loadbox.html
or the Tube Amp Doctor Silencer are very good
AllanW

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, Fabius, I'll check these out. We're so lucky to have the experience and resources of so many people, all wanting to be helpful.
Allan
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm anxious to hear the Rivera Silent Sister.  I know it's made for stage work and cranking it up, but the concept is so beautiful, and Paul has the knack for getting great sounding things going.  I'm afraid I don't know the price.  If anyone has one, I'd love to hear about it.
thnks
L
countandduke

Reply with quote  #5 
There are a TON of them out there.  I think Mesa Boogie has a new one out...
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/pedals/cab-clone-simulator.html

I can't really recommend one because I've only played the Marshall Power Brake and it seemed to do the job just fine but that was back in the mid 90's and there weren't many options as there are now.  Keep in mind the attenuators DO have some side effects.  They wear out tubes quicker, hard on the transformers and all that.  I think you are on the right track though, ask around and get as many opinions as possible.  Another option would be another amp that would allow cool tones at bedroom volumes.

All the best and please let us know what you decide...

Chris
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE