PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
James

Reply with quote  #16 
Paul, I think you have made some excellent observations in post #13 above.

Lordamercy, I think you have made excellent contributions with your pdf's, clearly illustrating chord scales and systematic inversions, that should go in the From The Students section.  People can take these chord scales and inversion sets and play them in many keys, crossing over from one string set to another in various places as needed.  This is exactly the kind of foundational work Ted had in mind for practical usage of his V-System.
lordamercy

Reply with quote  #17 
Nice one guys, really glad u liked the sheets! Paul, feel free to put them in the From Students section by all means [smile] Something that really helped me with understanding the V-System was taking a skype lesson with Tim Lerch - he's got a really good Excel sheet with the voicing layouts of each group mapped out in a really easy to understand way, maybe he'll share here?! Inspired by the lesson I did quite a few sheets trying to investigate V-2 in particular, in an effort to get a kind of global overview of where it all is on the fretboard, and also looking at all the possible options for switchovers to the different string sets - it's probably all a bit over the top and obsessive but I'll attach a couple of them here - not sure how useful they actually are, see what u think..!

pdf V-2 maj7 All Sets All Keys.pdf     

pdf V-2 Middle to Top Switchovers.pdf     

The first sheet is a view of every V2 systematic inversion on the fretboard, in every key - the red outlines marked R are Root position, and are placed to show the connection between each of the three string sets. Second sheet is an investigation of all logical switchover points from one set to another. After doing these sheets I reduced it down and did 2 other versions of each - "Simple" and "Very Simple", trying to work out which were the most comfortable/useful positions.. (like I said - over the top and obsessive!)

A really helpful practice approach that Tim showed me in the same lesson was to apply the inversions to different standards, stepping up and down through them, four for each chord - this really helps with what I think Ted referred to as "running the fretboard". I can post some of these that I did for different standards if they'd be useful for anyone - eg here's "All The Things You Are" using just top set V-2 :-

pdf All The Things You Are V-2 Top Set.pdf     

Would love to see any other sheets that Ted did on chord scales - I'm still practicing the basic chord forms without experimenting with adding more colours as yet, but I did find a nice set using a chord form not contained in the V-System (as it has a doubled note) - Cmaj middle set starting at 3rd fret - CEBE (X3245X), then DFCF (X5356X), EGDG, FAEA, GBFB, ACGC, BDAD - only problem is since there's no 5th you can't get the b5 on vii degree - if you switch the root to a 5th on the low E string tho it also sounds great and I find it really useful for little diatonic chord runs in the middle of songs.

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordamercy
Hey Eullrich,

Here's some PDFs I made for V-System Chord Scales and Systematic Inversions (V-2, V-4 and V-5). Hope they're of some use!!
Matt

pdf V-2 Diatonic Chord Scales.pdf   

Noticed a typo in this one. Last line, the names of the chords in the 5th and 6th grid.

Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks Dave! Can't believe I missed that....! Corrected version below -

pdf V-2 Diatonic Chord Scales.pdf     

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE