PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, I've scored out Ted's arrangment of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing. mostly because I want to play it but also because my eye sight is not what it was and Ted sure did manage to get a lot of stuff onto a page. If people like it I may be inspired to do some more. As you will see it's just standard notation and tab. I've tried to stay faithful to Ted's fingering but if you spot any mistakes let me know and I'll update it.
Regards
Colin

ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #2 

Sorry about that first it was sent without the attachment and then I attached the wrong document. Let's hope I get it right this time.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Colin,

Thanks, this is great.  I also find it helpful to write out, but my preference of choice is Ted's grid boxes along with standard notation.

--Paul

Reply with quote  #4 

Hi Paul Glad you like it. I can add chord grids if that's what everyone is used to. Just takes a little longer.

Colin

bruce

Reply with quote  #5 

Hello Colin,

Thanks for the arrangement.  Can you discuss the software you used to put it together?  Does anyone else have any recomemmendations for guitar software? 

Thanks

ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #6 

Hi, for all of you that are interested I'm using the Sibelius software called G7.

I find it quite straight forward to use and has some good features and most importantly not overly expensive. I have tried some of the other notation packages. All have their good and bad points but this one can convert midi files into scores and vice versa. Anyway, I have updated the transcription to include chord symbols.

regards to all

Colin

MarkThornbury

Reply with quote  #7 

This is really neat...  This was one of the first things I got from Ted, back in '75. 

About 20 or so years ago, I was in a mall at Christmas time, and I was kind of listening to the piped in music, and this very arrangement came over the sound system, performed on classical guitar!  I knew it almost instantly, and it brought a smile to my face as I was wandering about...

True story!

Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks, Colin!

Reply with quote  #9 
This is great- Thank you!
ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #10 

Hi everyone, I'm very pleased that you liked the transcription. Here's another!Regards

Colin

P.S.

Watch out for bar 7. You'll have to use the fifth finger technique where you barre the 7th and 8th fret with the first finger.

ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #11 

Hi everyone,

here's the third and final piece taken from Barbara's posting, in the GEAR section, that suppliments the Dec 2003 DVD ( Thank you Barbara). If you have downloaded all three pieces it's worth noting that each piece is in a key a semi-tone higher than the previous one. This makes me wonder if there are another nine xmas songs out there that cover the remaining key signatures?

These pieces were in traditional notation and if there is any interest I may tackle some of Ted's chord grid arrangements in the same manner.

Regards to all

Colin

bruce

Reply with quote  #12 

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your efforts on the arrangements.  Can you please tell me how to decrease the size of it when printing?  When opened, it occupies a large space on screen and I cant see the arrangement on one page and have to scroll to view it. When printed, the first page is just the time signature.  Thanks,

Bruce

ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #13 

Hi Bruce, when you select your print menu you should have an option to 'fit to page' this will sort out the problem.

Regards

Colin

ColinHenson

Reply with quote  #14 

PS

Save it to your computer first.

Leeram

Reply with quote  #15 

Colin, Thanks for the transcriptions to the three Christmas songs by Ted. Being a transcriber myself, I can appreicate the effort. BTW, Send In The Clowns from Ted's Solo Guitar would be a good transcription for all Ted Greene fans to enjoy. Best Regards.  Lee

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE