PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
AllanW

Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone know if Ted ever wrote something out for this gorgeous tune?
I just saw Kenny Barron do it here in NY,  and was blown away.

(If you're not familiar with it, here's Kenny doing a different performance of it on video)--

Just curious if Ted ever spoke about it or worked on it with anyone.
Thanks,
Allan

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, I checked the Ted Archives and found nothing for "The Very Thought of You."
Sorry.
Ted played tons of songs, but he mostly wrote them down only for students.

It could be that he wrote something up during a lesson, and we don't have a copy of that page.
Ted usually asked students to Xerox a copy of those lesson pages and give him to put in his files, but I'm sure some of these pages never got back to him. 
So....it's possible that there are some unique and wonderful lessons collecting dust on a bookshelf in the home of some of Ted's students.

We'd like to encourage anyone who took lessons from Ted to take a look thru your hand-out sheets and see if you have anything that we have not yet published on the site.
We'd love to hear from you, and maybe we can add to Ted's lesson library from your collection.
(Even though we're not finished posting everything, still, the majority of the regular lessons are up.)

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE