PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
John

Reply with quote  #1 

One topic I haven't seen addressed here at length is the amount of time Ted was willing to give to over the phone consultation! While we never met face to face we sure logged some significant hours over the phone! Sometimes guitars were played back and forth to illustrate a point or demonstrate an idea, but mostly we talked and talked over a wide range of topics - both music related and otherwise. On the phone we'd discuss some specific guitar related ideas and afterwards I'd send him a check ($15 ) and a return envelope and he'd send back some wonderful chordal arrangements and concept pages.  
I remember one telephone exchange that Ted really enjoyed: I had been fortunate to take 3 lessons with George Van Eps and he and I spoke on the phone every month or so. Once I asked George if he believed in God. He replied that when he looks around he see signs of intelligence everywhere. Then he said, "The world is like a tune, and we're all down here taking choruses!" I recall Ted really got a kick out of that quote! 

I'm enjoying reading everyone's memories of Ted. It's all so inspiring and makes me glad I'm a guitar player!
Best Wishes to everyone visiting this site from John in Maine

geosochi

Reply with quote  #2 
hey thanks for sharing that memory, John!
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #3 
John, i just saw your post. It's a great memory of Ted. Most of us remember him answering the phone with the words "barre chords" instead of hello!

Reply with quote  #4 
I like that Dan - cheers.

Made me smile :-)

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE