PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
kontiki

Reply with quote  #1 
Yet another Ted Telecaster question. Did he have any teles with rosewood boards? What did he think of them? any ideas or anecdotes?

Reply with quote  #2 
He's playing one in the picture on the cover of "Solo Guitar", so I guess he had at least one.
kontiki

Reply with quote  #3 
Not sure which cover you're referring to, but i see maple in both. The shading of the latest cover makes it look darker like a rosewood , but i 'm pretty sure that's Ted's workhorse guitar with a maple fretboard imho.

Reply with quote  #4 
For the past 30+ years I've known Ted, I have never seen him with a RW fingerboard Tele!  There were several times I told Ted I was interested in buying a Tele and asked him what I should look for.  The bottom line is that he definitely favored maple fingerboards on Teles and described the tonal differences between the two.  We also had discussions as to why Ed Bickert favored a RW fingerboard on a Tele.  When I come across it in my lesson tapes I will be sure to share.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Not sure which cover you're referring to, but i see maple in both. The shading of the latest cover makes it look darker like a rosewood , but i 'm pretty sure that's Ted's workhorse guitar with a maple fretboard imho.

Oh. I'd always assumed it was a rosewood fretboard, which I thought was a little odd, but now that I look more closely, I think it's just a shadow.
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalca
Oh. I'd always assumed it was a rosewood fretboard, which I thought was a little odd, but now that I look more closely, I think it's just a shadow.

Shadows plus I think Ted wore off a lot of the finish, darkening it even more. (I love that worn look!)

Reply with quote  #7 
At least part of the '80s he had a faded white/yellow tele with a white guard and a rosewood neck.  He didn't play it much - I think he  was trying it to assess the sound.  I think it had a black guard at some point as he had several pickguards "loaded" so he could place them on a guitar fairly quickly.  two dimarzio dual sound pups with Gibson pole pieces and 3 tiny switches with caps etc.  I still have one [smile]
-Leon
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE