PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Attached is Ted's single-note solo based on the changes to "It Could Happen to You"  in standard notation with his fingerings.  I also put it in Tab. I think you'll find it a little easier to read than the hand-written page.
Ted's original page for this was added to the "Tunes" section for the August, 2009 new material (thanks, Barbara!).
I did this in Sibelius 5, and if anyone wants a copy of the .sib file, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'd be happy to send you a copy.
Enjoy!
The files have been moved to: http://tedgreene.com/fromstudents/ItCouldHappenToYou.asp

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Charles,
Thanks so much for proofing my notation.  Yes, I fully agree with the three instances you mentioned.  I have edited my first post and replaced the files with the corrected ones.  So, if anyone else has downloaded that file previous to August 1st (evening), then I'd suggest to delete the old file and download the new version.
I'll take a look at some of Ted's other SNS pages and see about putting them in notation.
Thanks again for your support.  I'm glad you like the material.

Reply with quote  #3 
Aintitcool, Alaska  - page 6
Judson

Reply with quote  #4 
Teds single note books are amazing, yet I'm stunnned that there isn't a single recording avalible of him playing that way! he must have mastered it very young and abandoned it. Did anyone get to him play a lead run over the top of another part?
Would be sensational to hear his execution of these beautiful phrases.!

kind regards
Judson

Reply with quote  #5 
I've transcribed the solo into Guitar Pro. This is the link to a midi version of the song:

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Sergio,
Thanks for doing this. It might be nicer to hear it with some comping behind it as a harmonic reference. [smile]

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE