PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
rafikenn

Reply with quote  #16 
   this looks like a different version from the record,
there is another version @the seashell..also extremely beautiful.
all of mark's transcriptions are admirable in accuracy and analysis,
the few deviations from the recording,still work in the musical context.
please try to memorize 'solo guitar' exactly as it sounds,as ted asked me to do.time feel,articulation,dynamics,phrasing etc. are all subtle qualities which are not notated.im happy to be back in internet zone,if just to see the progress on this sacred site,thank you all;rafi
kontiki

Reply with quote  #17 
Here's a transcription I've done of the intro (the first 50 seconds) of Danny Boy (the Solo Guitar album version).  It's in Ted's "grid notation", ( which is probably not the best notation for "exact" transcribing of this sort), so it looks a little complex at times. If anybody has any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Don't forget to tune down the lowest string a whole step. From E to D if you're in standard, or from Eb to Db if your guitar is tuned down a 1/2 step like Ted's on the original.

Attached Images
png Danny_Boy3.png (903.94 KB, 143 views)

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #18 
Gorgeous. And a LOT of work I'll bet.

-Leon
szaszgbr

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkThornbury

Please also note the use of “barbershop” harmony, which Ted did like, between the B minor chord and D/A, which is a Bb7+/Ab (all implied with only 4 voices) which we agreed was easiest to name a bVI7, although it is actually (hold on to your hats & hellip  an Augmented 6th chord, which is quite a story best left for another day, but for now, even though in actual practice they are spelled weird, they SOUND  like a seventh chord on the bVI degree.  And, that is hard enough! 

Hi there!
I'm new to this forums, and try to learn this huge ammount of information (thank you guys). I recently watched this video of ted
, and he mentions this "barbershop" thing at 7:20. Can someone explain a little bit of it pls?
Thank you

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE