PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
AsatBluesboy

Reply with quote  #1 
I recently discovered a new youtube channel, called "Rare Jazz Records"

One of my findings on this channel was a Pisano record that included two duos with Ted. They start around 36:54.

James

Reply with quote  #2 
Also, check out John Pisano's record, "Among Friends," where Ted backs him on Over The Rainbow and The Touch Of Your Lips.  Fortunately for us, John Pisano convinced Ted to record with him several songs and these are excellent high quality, professional recordings of Ted's later playing.  He's in a supportive role yet you feel and hear all of Ted's sophisticated chordal skills.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for sharing this!

Reply with quote  #4 
Listening now, very nice thanks for posting!

Reply with quote  #5 
A quick search of amazon.com shows that Ted also played on Guitar Night, a live 2-CD set by John Pisano and Joe Diorio.  I think Ted plays only one song, a solo version of When Sunny Gets Blue.

John Pisano used to have Guitar Night one Tuesday evening a month.  He would play with another guitarist and his drummer and bass player.  He had some of the very finest jazz guitarists in LA playing with him.  I caught a number of the shows.  I forget the club where they started but later they were at Spazio, which is now gone.

Update: According to John Pisano's web site, he's still doing Guitar Night!  http://www.johnpisano.com/John_Pisano_Guitarist/CALENDAR.html  I haven't been in a long time.  Maybe some of us who are local in LA should go sometime and actually meet each other, while enjoying some great guitar playing.
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #6 
Wow!!! I haven't listened in a long time. John is sounding GREAT!   What a wonderful tone.  Gotta find out what he was playing and whether it was pick or fingers or both.  I'm just loving it. 
Thanks for posting.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE