PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
JohnN

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been working on this for a while. This is the Am version of the 2 simplified arrangements that are posted on the website. I like the use of the open E and A strings in the bass and I did not have to simplify it too much more. I went around twice and ended on an Am6/9 chord. Thanks to Paul for his work in making these so accessible. It would be tough for me to work off Ted's original chord grids.

Here is a link to the file:
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/students/PaulVachon/Summertime_Ted%20Greene_Arr_Comp_Am.pdf

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #2 
Cool cool thanks for posting! Nice tele too!

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Dave,
Thanks, it's encouraging that you took the time to comment. I chose this arrangement because it is relatively straightforward. Guitar is a kind of "fantasy" Thinline Nocaster, butterscotch blond with a neck like a baseball bat. I put it together from Warmoth parts.

Regards,

John
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #4 
Hah! With my eyes on that neck I didn't even notice it was a thinline.

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes, it's flame maple. It started out satin but I made a mistake and had to refinish it and it's now a bit glossier than I expected, I may have over-polished it. Profile is probably a little fatter than I was expecting, but I wanted it to be period correct, so you live and learn.
John
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #6 
Well it looks nice for sure. I'm hoping to find a fat neck tele to try out in person sometime.

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks. I had a Fender American Standard Tele a few years ago and the neck on it was noticeably more chunky than, for example, an equivalent Strat. But not as fat as this one.

John
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #8 
Hey Paul, just noticed a typo, the last grid on the first line should be named Bb9(b5).

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Dave.  I'll put that on my to-do list to fix and re-post.
I'm thinking that I should probably do a full notation of this one, rather than just the melody with grids.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE