PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
earsoup

Reply with quote  #1 
I've been working on a jazz guitar blog with transcriptions. Since I'm a big fan of Ted, I'm gonna regularly feature transcriptions of his arrangements / lessons in tab & standard notation. My goal is to make Ted's genius more accessible & spread the gospel

So far I got :
- Blues in G
- Here's that rainy day
- Ain't misbehavin'

"My funny Valentine" is on its way.

http://jazzguitartabs.blogspot.com

Thanks for checking it out !
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Earsoup,  
Our goals are in unison!  "Excelsior!"

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Earsoup
I realize this reply is way too long after your original post and you may not see it but I thought it worth a try. 
I came across your blog when searching for Ted material.   
Your transcripts are really good and I'm keen to download the PDF versions if possible.  Unfortunately the PDF links no longer work.
Are you able to help me get access to the PDFs?
I'd be most grateful.
Thanks
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Allen,

I tried them today and they work.  Try right clicking on the links as select "Save As" to download them to your PC.

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Nick
I'm sorry that my earlier post was inaccurate.  What I should have said is that I have been trying to download the PDF for a particular piece from the blog (Ain't Misbehavin) but that this isn't possible as the link to FreePDFHosting no longer works. 

http://jazzguitartabs.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/aint-misbehavin.html 

However I'm pleased to say that, for me, this is no longer a problem as another Forum member has kindly provided me with a copy.
Sorry to have troubled folks, but good to have discovered what a welcoming and helpful place this is.
Thanks and all the best to everyone.

Allen
earsoup

Reply with quote  #6 
I`ve added a George Van Eps arrangement for "They can`t take that away.." if someone is interested.
allent

Reply with quote  #7 
This someone was certainly interested earsoup! - lovely - thanks so much to adding to the collection

Best wishes

Allen
Flatpickr

Reply with quote  #8 
Are there any recordings of lessons posted on the Ted Greene website ?

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Stuart,
This is a good question, and would be a great asset for learning the material in another way.
Currently we don't have much directly related to the lesson sheets.  It would have been great if Ted made some himself, but he didn't.
I don't think anyone feels qualified to step into Ted's shoes and say, "This is how Ted intended this or that to sound." So your request is a big order to say the least.  Ted could take a simple chord progression or exercise and make it sound like so much more than the printed page provides.  One good example of that is the "A Session with the Stars" video & handout sheets.  Another page you can follow along with is Ted's reharmonization examples for "The Twelve Days of Christmas" that we've just posted in the Video section (California Vintage Guitar seminar 12-14-2003) with the page in the "Arrangements" section and a compilation page in my "From Students" section.

There are a few individuals who have made some YouTube videos relating to some of Ted's lessons and arrangements.  Tim Lerch has done fine job on recording a few of the blues pages that we've posted.  Another person began a project of recording examples from Ted's book, Modern Chord Progressions - but I don't know how long he kept it up or if it is still in the works.  And Mike de Luca has made a couple nice recordings.
Occasionally you'll find Ted demonstrating or discussing a lesson sheet in the recorded lessons with Mark Levy or Kevin Griffin in our Audio section.

We welcome anyone to make videos for YouTube.  We'll be happy to post links to those in the Forums, or if someone does several perhaps we could created a "From Students" folder to house all of these links.

Reply with quote  #10 
could any one send me a pdf of the tab to ain't misbehavin? nakim55@yahoo.com
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE