PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
saten10

Reply with quote  #1 
I was going through some of the arpeggio fragments on Ted's sheet
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/singlenote/ArpeggioFragments_1.pdf
But i became confused when trying to find the root on some of them, for example, on the right half of the sheet, in the first row, second column, right under Em11/13, none of the notes are an E, all the notes if i am correct, are F#, A#, C#, F, G#, C

They all sound great but i just don't know how to use them because of this, i'm sure the confusion is my fault, but if there is anyone that can explain to me what i am seeing wrong or what i am not seeing, i would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Saten10,
I see your confusion.  That second chord in the top row that is labeled as Em11/13 has no root in the arpeggio.  The notes are G, B, D, F#, A, C#.   The fret number on the left side of the diagram that has a "2" in parentheses is correct.  Use that. 
I believe that the number "14" below it is incorrect...it should be "15" (for the higher octave position of the same form).
I like these type of arpeggios because they are a series of stacked thirds.  If you include the open E on the 6th string you get:  1, b3, 5, b7, 9, 11, 13...and then continuing on the 2nd and 1st strings, add:  1, b3, 5.... 
Cool to learn these moves because they fit nicely in lots of places. If you look at the triads it creates:  Em, G,  Bm, D, F#m, A, C#dim, Em  -- everything for that tonality.

Reply with quote  #3 
thank you very much. that was helpful.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #4 
Charles,
Good...sure, that is the more correct way to see the fret position:  2 OR 14. 
It is a bit confusing until one understands what is meant.
Thanks for clarifying.

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE