PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
barbaralovedcats

Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks, Nick and Paul for the grids.   It appears to me that Ted mostly went for a grid that had six total horizontal lines.  Did he vary from that format often?

And, of course,  thank you DaveAnno for your music which is helping to make the weekend educationally enjoyable and musical.

Last but not least, it was great to see the incomparable Maestro Sindel check in with all of us.   Best wishes and loads of gracias por todo, Senor Sindel.

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #17 
Dave, thank you so much. Please keep the arrangements coming.  The whole purpose of the site, and certainly part of Ted's motivation is to help players love, play, and create chord melody arrangements.  Please . . . submit some more . . .
And all my thanks.
L
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #18 
I'm working on another one now and wanted to have it finished yesterday, but started to doubt a part and want to revise.

Lol, it can be tough deciding on which way to go! If you know what I mean... hey I can harmonize it like this... oh wait this sounds better... take a break and play what I did, meh what was I thinking?

I know it's best to just finish it up (it's all about the experience of doing it), but I do get stuck like that sometimes.

Reply with quote  #19 
"...deciding on which way to go..."  That was Ted's dilemma.  He could go a hundred different ways, and didn't want to commit any one way to paper.  But he had to in order to teach.  So his arrangements are just one possibility that was selected for the benefit of the student.  I love it when Ted will take a certain song or fragment of a tune and play it 15 different ways, styles, grooves, textures.  All at the tip of his fingers....or ears, rather.

Reply with quote  #20 
Yeah I love the video clips where Ted does the variations, definitely something to aspire to! 

Reply with quote  #21 
Finished Goin' Home today!

I'm feelin it two beats per grid, except where the slashes under a grid indicate otherwise. Bass note on each beat, walking in some grids, anticipate chords. etc. for a bluesy/jazzy feel. 4th line, 5th grid, accent and staccato the chord on beat one, then the rest of the notes through 7th grid are a kind of bluesy "solo" lick.

Originally I was writing it more like New World Symphony largo feeling, but after reading this: http://www.americanmusicpreservation.com/GoinHome.htm , changed my mind. [wink]

Goin'Home.gif 

Reply with quote  #22 
Hey guys,
This is great that you're sharing files of your arrangements.  The Forums has a limited amount of space, and it might be better if we can keep the file sizes to a minimum.
I was unable to download or even display the "Goin' Home" file.  I don't know if that has anything to do with size, but it might.  No hard rules here...but if you're able to adjust the size it might be better to shoot for a low-rez quality...which should be good enough for simple grids, etc.
Does that sound okay?

Reply with quote  #23 
Hm, sorry! I'll see if I can figure out a lower rez. I was just pressing "save as .pdf" on the scanner/printer, when I made them...

Reply with quote  #24 
Hi Dave,
Yes, well this file is about half the size of the other, so that's much better.
Now, you might want to go to the previous post and remove (or replace) the file.
Keep up the good work.

Reply with quote  #25 
I echo Paul's sentiments re: keep up the great work. 

I know nothing about high rez, low rez nor anywhere in between, but I do know your gifts here

are beautiful and I for one appreciate your sharing.   D'vorak, eh?   Excellent choice. "Mother's

there expecting me, and Father's waiting too.  And, lots of folks are gathered there with the

friends I knew..."   As sung by Alex Boye, guest artist singing with the Mormon Tabernacle

Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square performing "Goin' Home," based on "Largo," by Antonin

Dvorak.
Thank you, once again.    

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #26 
Wild Mountain Thyme.

I was having some trouble deciding what to try next but this pretty tune saved the day. There's some stretchy chords (6-fret chords in there in grids 2 and 4, sorry!) I wanted some harp sounds. [wink]

WMThyme.gif 

Edit: fixed wrong note in 8th grid of chorus, C# should have been D

Reply with quote  #27 
Hi, Dave.

Wow,  another one I had never heard of.  The breadth of your choices is both tasteful and refreshing.   Thank you.    Your arrangement inspired and thus saved my day, too. 

I found the following two items related to Francis McPeake and this song. 

http://www.mcpeakemusic.com/#!heritage/c1gbw

and, 

Thanks again, Dave, for all your help.    Your sounds, in my opinion, possess beautiful Ted related purity.  I hope your development and generosity continue to soar. 

Sincerely, respectfully and appreciatively,

BLC 
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #28 
Geez thanks BLC.

Reply with quote  #29 
De nada, mi amigo y muchas gracias por todo. 
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #30 
Theme from Swan Lake this time:  

SwanLakeGIF.gif 

I've heard that this may have been an inspiration for some music in "Star Wars". I know it was used in the 1931 Dracula movie. Near the end of this version it gets to the lowest register and sounds a little Darth Vaderish I suppose. 

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE