PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi folks, I finally got myself a new printer (been years since I've had one lol) and used it to make myself some chord grid sheets. Then I was inspired to try to arrange a tune in Ted's notation, so here's what I came up with: 

pdf Good_Old_Days...pdf  Theme from The Little Rascals [wink] 

(Edited to change thread title.) 

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice.   Great song.  Thank you.  Please keep 'em coming. 

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks I'll try another one soon.

Reply with quote  #4 
I am looking forward to seeing/hearing the song you select  :-) 

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #5 
Ok, I took some liberties in the harmony for this one: pdf Jeanie With the Light Brown Hair.pdf     

I think I read that this Stephen Foster tune might have been written about an ex wife, so I reasoned that any funny sounding parts could represent discord in their relationship. 

Reply with quote  #6 
Absolutely a surprise. I never saw (heard) this song coming.   I am looking forward to working with this version of yours and also your version of the "Rascals" theme.  I wouldn't even venture a guess as to what other songs you may be developing.   Thank you very much. 
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #7 
Hehe, who knows what I'll try next. I just wanted to start doing this for the learning experience. Hope you have fun playing them. And I hope I'm not offending the forum for posting my stuff here!

Reply with quote  #8 
You aren't offending me.  In fact, and while I can't speak for anybody else,  you are musically helping me and I am much obliged to you for caring enough about Ted and Ted land to post useful information related to, associated with and /or inspired by Maestro Ted.

Gracias mi amigo. 

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #9 
Ok here's another one:

pdf
 Polovetzian Stranger.pdf   

Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you very much.  Ted wrote an arrangement of Baubles, Bangles and Beads which is from the musical Kismet.  Thank you for putting the composer's name, Borodin, in the upper right hand corner of your arrangement.  Much of the music of Borodin served as the basis for the songs in Kismet.   I have a strong feeling that Ted, and Wes Mongtomery (who recorded Baubles as well as Stranger in Paradise on his Fingerpickin' album)  knew about Alexander Borodin.  And, thanks to you, now so do I. 

Your broad range of diverse and unpredictable song choices is proving not only entertaining but educational.   thanks, and please keep em coming. 
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #11 
Ah yes, I need to look at Ted's arrangement for sure. printing it out now... [wink] Actually I was thinking of the movie based on Kurt Vonnegut's book "Breakfast of Champions". Stranger in Paradise was a featured musical theme in that one.

Yep I'm mulling over another one to try, have you (or anyone else here) created an arrangement with the grids? Feel free to post something in this thread if you want to! 

Reply with quote  #12 
I have not done any arrangement using grids.   I use standard notation most of the time. 

If the powers that be here in TG land would approve, I would love it if you would post a pdf attachment of a blank sheet of grids which you developed and then us mortals could print out some extra sheets and get to work in that area.  

I am a huge Kurt V fan. 

PaulV

Reply with quote  #13 
Here are some grids pages of various sizes and numbers per page that may be useful.

pdf Grids - various.pdf    

Reply with quote  #14 
Hey thanks Paul those should come in handy. And blc, I used to only write things out in standard notation too, but I'm finding that this grid system is nice for "getting it on paper" quickly. 

Reply with quote  #15 
More chord grid sheets!  I collect them, too, since it has turned into my preferred musical short hand.

Attached Files
pdf Various_Chord_Grids.pdf (330.47 KB, 24 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE