PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Guys,
Sorry I'm so late in announcing the September Newsletter.
It's actually been up for about a week, and I suspect that most of you discovered it around the first of the month or sooner.
Anyway, check it out.  Lots of good stuff, as usual, and hopefully something to keep your fingers and ears happy.
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Paul,

The pages on Bass-Enhanced Triads by Chord Quality is the missing link for me to using these beautiful harmonies more freely. Of course Ted would have this kind of clear organization.

I see this is labeled "First Area;" are there subsequent pages that can be posted?
It actually wouldn't be hard to work out on one's own (now that Ted modeled it), but if there are more available, I'd love to see them.

On another subject, I'd asked a week or so ago ago if there were any Ted arrangements of The Very Thought of You.
I'm assuming since you didn't reply that your archive doesn't have that tune?

Many thanks, again, for all your invaluable work.
Allan
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Allen,
Thanks for your support for this site.  I'm happy that Ted's pages are getting out to the world.

The B.E.T. pages are sporadic and incomplete.  There's a bunch more pages that are just little fragments of ideas.  I usually review all the pages before posting one, and try to connect related pages if they seem to go together.
In the case of this page, there was no part 2.  Perhaps it was a starter page that Ted intended to expand into all other chord qualities.
Obviously it would be a good exercise for a student to take it to that next level.  If you do so, then maybe you could share it in our "From Students" section.

Yes, I did notice your question about "The Very Thought of You."  I was waiting to see if anyone else might have a copy from a private lesson.  There's nothing in the Ted archives.  Sorry.

Reply with quote  #4 
September 26th.  Today is Ted's birthday.  A good time to stop and remember him for just a moment.

-L
TLerch

Reply with quote  #5 
Happy Birthday Ted. thank you for all of the gifts you continue giving to all of us.

Tim
PaulV

Reply with quote  #6 
Happy Birthday, Ted.  

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE