PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys,
Here we are again with a grab bag full of Ted goodies for you all:
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Hope you find something here that will inspire you to dig deeper into your music.
Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks yet again for yet another wonderful newsletter installment. 

The more I study Robert Smith's notation of Ted's composition the more I realize how much it facilitates learning this beautiful piece of music.   

Reply with quote  #3 
We'll have another offering from Robert next month.
Stay tuned......

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi guys,
Just wondering if these announcements about the latest Newsletters are still needed or if you all know to check at the beginning of each month.
In addition, now that we have "Advanced Update" messages that are sent out, perhaps this Forums announcement is redundant.
Do you all check the Ted Greene Facebook and/or Twitter regularly?  Is that a better way to connect?

What do you guys think?

Reply with quote  #5 
Not a social media user here, but I already know about the monthly goodies. I usually look at the forums too. [wink]

Reply with quote  #6 
Ditto --- not a social media user here either. 

Reply with quote  #7 
same here, don't use social media. but i check the newsletter every 1st of the month.

Reply with quote  #8 
Me, too.  I don't do facebook.  I practice guitar!
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #9 
Funny!  I don't do Facebook or Twitter either.  Who's got time?  I do check my email daily and the newsletter around the 1st of each month.  I am always looking forward to the next!

Reply with quote  #10 
Same here - rarely use FB and never use Twitter [smile]

regards
goldglob

Reply with quote  #11 
Keep the announcements here please...I use facebook to see what a great time my nephews and nieces are having eating expensive designer food and getting inebriated.
RobertS

Reply with quote  #12 
An addendum on the piece called "Ted Greene Original Baroque Composition, circa 1971"  which was the subject of postings in May 2016 and September 2016...I was listening to one of my fav compilations of Bach music the other day while working, and the Little Fugue came up which I just love, and the last minute of this piece had some sounds that struck me as somehow very familiar...a week went by and I listen to the Little Fugue again, then again, and after a little digging and analysis I've concluded this "Ted Greene Original Baroque Composition, circa 1971" is in fact a guitar transcription of Bach's BWV578 Little Fugue in G Minor, from BWV 578 measure 43 to Measure 68 (end).

Those interested can verify this by playing through Ted's transcription while following the below version of BWV 578 which is a relatively sparse piano version of this great organ masterpiece. Also interestingly this piano version has some very similar chord voicings to Ted's guitar transcription:

Paul - we should probably rename the relate 2 files under the Classical Pieces and from Students sections of the TG site.

Merry Christmas to all, its a great time to listen to Ted playing White Christmas and O Tannenbaum on YouTube.

regards
Robert

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE