PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
PaulV

Reply with quote  #16 
Someone asked me about the "V-2, Color Overview of Suspended 3rd Inversion Dominant V-2" page that was just posted this month.
There are two pages Ted made for this particular V-2.  It's for unaltered Dominant 7 sus chords with the b7th in the bass.
The "Color" overview refers to extensions added to the basic b7, and 4 (11) notes.  These include 5ths, 9ths, 13ths (6ths), and 17ths (major 3rds above the 11).
(A page which will be posted in the future includes altered tones).

For page 2 I created a notation version with chord names, etc., so you could see what's going on.
But for page 1 I did not provide the notation or names - so don't be confused by that. 
It's pretty much the same stuff, except that page 1 is for the top four strings, and page 2 is for the middle four strings.  Most of the stuff of p.2 transfers almost identically for p.1.

Ted didn't make a page for the bottom four strings.  I guessing they would sound a bit muddy or perhaps hard to finger, or maybe he just left that for you to work out.

I hope this makes sense.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE